PDA

View Full Version : Questions?

CaptACC
04-02-2007, 12:13 PM
I'm a HUGE fan of the ACC, so I watch Duke a lot and have a few questions for you guys.

Do you think you still have a chance at Patterson? He was suppose to cut his list down to 3 teams before the McD's AA game but hasn't. He liked Kentucky and Smith a lot and his mom was upset Smith left but he is quoted as saying he liked Kentucky because of its rich basketball tradition. He is also quoted as saying he likes Billy D. and the style he runs.

Since he didn't cut his list is that an indication he waiting to see what Billy D does?

Would Duke want him if Duke was his second or third choice? Patterson is quoted as saying he wasn't impressed with Cameron Indoor when he visited it but felt better about it after playing in Cameron during the season.

Without Patterson, can Duke be in the top 1/3 of the ACC next year? Duke will have to be a run and gun type of team next year and that fits well with several ACC teams.

Run and gun offenses usually result in TOs and with freshmen playing that will mean a lot of TOs, can Coach K stand that? Coach K is usually unwilling to accept TOs and has benched guys because of that and one might think this type of play is not something Coach K is capable of coaching.

feldspar
04-02-2007, 12:19 PM
Do you think you still have a chance at Patterson?

Yes

Since he didn't cut his list is that an indication he waiting to see what Billy D does?
Maybe

Would Duke want him if Duke was his second or third choice?

Yes

Without Patterson, can Duke be in the top 1/3 of the ACC next year?
Yes

Run and gun offenses usually result in TOs and with freshmen playing that will mean a lot of TOs, can Coach K stand that?
He did this year.

ikiru36
04-02-2007, 02:04 PM
Fair questions, I suppose.

Feldspar answers them as I would. His responses were terse, but this is partly because all of these issues are debated at length in other recent threads. Feel free to seek them out as well. :0)

Run and gun offenses usually result in TOs and with freshmen playing that will mean a lot of TOs, can Coach K stand that?

"He has this year," but in the past as well (Hurley and J. Will come to mind as high TO frosh who K felt fit his system pretty well). It'll be a lot easier to stand if we're causing a lot of turnovers too. K'll be fabulously fine with high octane offense (not necessarily sure what you mean by "run and gun" since that sometimes refers to a specific style of tempo/offense), so long as it's generated by defensive pressure causing turnovers, leading to transition offense.

Under K, Duke has typically been one of the highest scoring teams in the nation. This year was much more a notable exception, rather than the rule. I think that this had a lot more to do with injuries/health concerns than many were particularly aware of (lingering lower extremity injuries to, at the very least, Paulus, Pocius, McClure as well as Henderson's exercise induced asthma). If these are resolvable (as most or all should be), Duke'll play faster next year based simply on that.

Go Duke!!!!!!!!! Go Devils!!!!!!!!!! GTHCGTH!!!!!!!!!

feldspar
04-02-2007, 02:07 PM
Feldspar answers them as I would. His responses were terse

Terse. Hmm. I prefer succint, but potato, potahto, I suppose. :D