PDA

View Full Version : ? about NC Asheville game

devildownunder
12-13-2008, 02:53 PM
It's awfully close to Christmas. I suspect the students won't be in for that one, am I right?

tbyers11
12-13-2008, 03:02 PM
It's awfully close to Christmas. I suspect the students won't be in for that one, am I right?

You are correct. Exams end tomorrow, so I doubt that the student turnout will be very large.

CameronCrazy'11
12-13-2008, 05:55 PM
Most people are gone already, or will be by Sunday. But anyone who lives close enough might still come.

Acymetric
12-13-2008, 08:41 PM
A lot of the seats should be filled with people who bought general admission tickets though. Good early Christmas gift.

devildownunder
12-13-2008, 10:05 PM
I'm on a rare trip back in the US and was thinking of going but it's not really CIS without the students, so I think I'll pass.

Cell-R
12-13-2008, 11:37 PM
As awesome as the Crazies are, I cheer for Duke Basketball, not the student section. Although I certainly cheer with them. :)

That is why I will be attending UNC-Asheville.

Ders24
12-14-2008, 12:40 AM
While student attendance will be minimal, we certainly hope to see a lot of Duke Basketball fans there and welcome anyone who is coming :)

DukieInBrasil
12-14-2008, 07:05 PM
does UNC-A still have their 7+ footer? He is huge, like 7´4. I was wondering if he´s still with them. We were bummed last year when he was not able to make the trip.

OZZIE4DUKE
12-14-2008, 07:10 PM
does UNC-A still have their 7+ footer? He is huge, like 7´4. I was wondering if he´s still with them. We were bummed last year when he was not able to make the trip.

Unfortunately no, more for his sake than the team's. He had half his foot amputated last summer. Staff infection I believe :(

DukeUsul
12-14-2008, 09:34 PM
Unfortunately no, more for his sake than the team's. He had half his foot amputated last summer. Staff infection I believe :(

So was it one of the assistant coaches who got all up in his foot and cased the pus?

:D

ETA: Oh and let me add, I feel terrible for the kid. But I couldn't let the homonym go by.

phaedrus
12-14-2008, 11:31 PM
While student attendance will be minimal, we certainly hope to see a lot of Duke Basketball fans there and welcome anyone who is coming :)

I promise you there will be at least 12 grad students in attendance. We're still taking finals, so we're in town, but we're still taking finals, so we might be too busy to go.

DukeDevilDeb
12-15-2008, 09:06 AM
I'm on a rare trip back in the US and was thinking of going but it's not really CIS without the students, so I think I'll pass.

I CANNOT believe that you would turn down any opportunity to be in Cameron Indoor Stadium to watch our beloved Blue Devils play!

Yes, the kids are fun. But I've been at virtually every game since 1986, some of which didn't have students, and they are all worth watching... frankly, the Crazies have been less and less of a force. In fact, there are times when I think if I hear "Let's go, Duke" once more, I'm going to scream. In theory, I love the idea that the Crazies promote Duke and don't demean the other team... but in truth, it was in the great demeaning days that the Crazies were so special (Herman Veal, etc.)...

Sorry you won't be with us at that game. Guess we'll just have to cheer for you. :D

GO DEVILS!!!!

RainingThrees
12-15-2008, 10:59 AM
when do the new rankings come out?

devildownunder
12-15-2008, 11:52 AM
I CANNOT believe that you would turn down any opportunity to be in Cameron Indoor Stadium to watch our beloved Blue Devils play!

Yes, the kids are fun. But I've been at virtually every game since 1986, some of which didn't have students, and they are all worth watching... frankly, the Crazies have been less and less of a force. In fact, there are times when I think if I hear "Let's go, Duke" once more, I'm going to scream. In theory, I love the idea that the Crazies promote Duke and don't demean the other team... but in truth, it was in the great demeaning days that the Crazies were so special (Herman Veal, etc.)...

Sorry you won't be with us at that game. Guess we'll just have to cheer for you. :D

GO DEVILS!!!!

DDD, I hear you, seriously. But we are coming at this from different perspectives. I've never had the privilege of attending a game at Cameron, so for my first time there, I really don't want to go and have a large part of my mental image of the place missing. I'd liken it to going to the Louvre for the first time and finding out the Mona Lisa was out for preservation work. My memories would be more of what wasn't there then of what was.

And I say that even though I agree with you that the student section just isn't the same these days, now that they have to be polite and respectful and all. Where's the fun in that? :D

Anyway, it's still two days out. Please keep trying to talk me into it, lol, maybe I'll change my mind.

devildownunder
12-15-2008, 11:53 AM
I'm not Grant Hill anymore. bummer.

Indoor66
12-15-2008, 12:03 PM
when do the new rankings come out?
Later today