PDA

View Full Version : Do not watch this video...

JasonEvans
12-11-2008, 01:05 PM
....if you have a weak stomach.

Ugly end to an Ultimate Fighting match. (http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true&mediaKey=62fb2fa1-f2d5-41ee-b371-820f25726368)

--Jason "worse than Joe Theisman" Evans

BlueDevilBaby
12-11-2008, 01:09 PM
That's as bad as Joe Theisman's. Yuck.

sue71, esq
12-11-2008, 01:12 PM
That's as bad as Joe Theisman's. Yuck.

Ok then definitely not going near it. I will NEVER forget watching that.

HaveFunExpectToWin
12-11-2008, 01:25 PM
A friend sent me that kick in an animated gif. Not sure I can post those here, and pretty sure I don't want to.

SlimSlowSlider
12-11-2008, 01:30 PM
wow. i just got back from lunch and watched that. i should have known better.

DukieInKansas
12-11-2008, 01:41 PM
We had a guy break his leg that way in a coed indoor soccer game. A sound thaty you never forget.

2535Miles
12-11-2008, 01:42 PM
....if you have a weak stomach.

Ugly end to an Ultimate Fighting match. (http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true&mediaKey=62fb2fa1-f2d5-41ee-b371-820f25726368)

--Jason "worse than Joe Theisman" Evans
That made Theisman look like a ride at Disneyland.

Tommac
12-11-2008, 01:47 PM
I think I'm going to be sick!!:eek:

DukeUsul
12-11-2008, 01:53 PM
*barfs*

JasonEvans
12-11-2008, 03:03 PM
C'mon people. There is no blood involved.

It is sorta amazing that kind of thing does not happen more often when you kick bone-onto-bone.

-Jason

ForeverBlowingBubbles
12-11-2008, 03:10 PM
looks like he hit with the inside of the shin bone against the bottom corner of his knee... super ouch. Maybe they need to start wearing shin guards high socks..

bjornolf
12-11-2008, 03:13 PM
That...was...AWESOME!!!! My martial arts instructor was this crazy ex-military guy, and he once broke a guy's leg like that blocking a kick... WITH HIS ARM... when they were just sparring. I didn't see it, but I heard the stories, and it was sick sounding. As a Skins fan forever, I'll never forget seeing the JT think live. Ugh. I was only like seven or eight back then though.

Dr. Rosenrosen
12-11-2008, 03:18 PM
Okay, I have a pretty high tolerance for that sort of stuff but I nearly lost it when they showed the slow motion replay. Oh. My. God. :eek: !!!!!

bjornolf
12-11-2008, 03:37 PM
The crazy part is that with the adrenaline and everything, he doesn't even realize what's happened until he steps back on it and obviously misses his step when the lower quarter of his leg just slides out and he loses balance and falls. The other guy doesn't realize what's happened either till he walks completely away, calms down, and looks back. You can see him do a sort of double-take, THEN he runs over to check on the guy. When he tried to mount the guy on the ground, he CLEARLY had no idea the guys leg was snapped. He STILL didn't know until he had walked away. He shrugs his shoulders, kind of wondering WHY the match had been stopped. He's obviously shaken when he looks back and sees the carnage. That was the part I found kind of funny. I was glad too. I couldn't imagine him attacking like that and being so non-chalant about it if he'd known what had happened. He obviously HADN'T known what had happened. Over the years, when he's old and retired, THAT story's gonna inflate in the bars braggin' to his friends and the ladies. You just KNOW that. :eek:

Ben63
12-11-2008, 06:58 PM
I have a high tolerance, so I was fine, but man that was bad. I think Theismans was worse. But none as bad as Clint Malarchuck, that is by far the most disguisting sports injury I ever seen.

Acymetric
12-11-2008, 07:31 PM
Did anyone watch the Villanova game in the Big East tourny in 2006? Allan Ray got his eye poked, and it looked awful. It turned out to be pretty minor, his eyelid got pushed behind his eye, but it looked like his eye had popped out. I have a thing with eyes, so that one was particularly bad for me.

CLT Devil
12-11-2008, 07:55 PM
Did anyone watch the Villanova game in the Big East tourny in 2006? Allan Ray got his eye poked, and it looked awful. It turned out to be pretty minor, his eyelid got pushed behind his eye, but it looked like his eye had popped out. I have a thing with eyes, so that one was particularly bad for me.

I have to agree with you...for some reason eyes are really the only thing I get grossed out about and that was one of the worst I've seen. I watch a fair amount of MMA and the video posted above is a very rare instance.

JasonEvans
12-11-2008, 11:21 PM
I have to agree with you...for some reason eyes are really the only thing I get grossed out about and that was one of the worst I've seen. I watch a fair amount of MMA and the video posted above is a very rare instance.

Wait a second...

Very rare?!!?!?

You mean unique, right? That kind of thing has not happened before, has it?!?!

--Jason "MMA is insane!!" Evans

CameronBornAndBred
12-11-2008, 11:27 PM
I couldn't resist, had to watch it, extremely nasty. Then after reading comments, I had to go watch LT beat up Theisman. The joy of other people's pain I guess.
The statement "Do not watch" begs me to watch. Whereas the statement "Smell this milk" never seems to prompt my interest. Maybe because I know smelling the milk will be instantly regretful. I watched that video twice.:confused:

Bostondevil
12-12-2008, 12:08 AM
I saw Twiggy Hunter's career ending knee injury live when I was a senior in high school, thank you very much, I never need to see another injury, I can imagine.

Who is Darryl 'Twiggy' Hunter? Before his career ending knee injury, he was the best player on Jordan High School's 1981 State Championship Basketball team. That was one helluva team, lost their best player 4 games into the season and still won the state.

RainingThrees
12-12-2008, 01:47 AM
Shaun Livingstons injury is the worst sports injury I have ever seen.

DukeUsul
12-12-2008, 08:39 AM
Speaking of which. Did you guys hear the story about the actor who slit his throat on stage the other day while acting out the suicide scene at the end of the play? Somehow a real, un-dulled blade was placed on the table for him to use. No one had any idea it was real until he wouldn't get up. Apparently he was lucky and was ok that he was able to get bandadged up and be back on stage for the next showing.

ETA: Guess I didn't need to write all that, here's the story from FoxNews (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,464904,00.html).

Acymetric
12-12-2008, 09:41 AM
Speaking of which. Did you guys hear the story about the actor who slit his throat on stage the other day while acting out the suicide scene at the end of the play? Somehow a real, un-dulled blade was placed on the table for him to use. No one had any idea it was real until he wouldn't get up. Apparently he was lucky and was ok that he was able to get bandadged up and be back on stage for the next showing.

ETA: Guess I didn't need to write all that, here's the story from FoxNews (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,464904,00.html).

Wow, that's just crazy. Glad to hear he was alright, could have been pretty serious. Imagine what would be going through your mind when something like that happened. I'll throw out my incredibly unsubstantiated opinion that I don't think it was an accident.

Tom B.
12-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Tim Krumrie, Super Bowl XXIII.

Also, remember when Dave Dravecky snapped his arm while throwing a pitch? You could hear the "pop" on TV.