PDA

View Full Version : Scary Scary dream

trinity92
12-11-2008, 11:36 AM
This is a strange one, but last night, I had a terrible nightmare that Kyle Singler somehow was drafted, midseason, by the Oklahoma City NBA team, and left Duke as of today to play in the League.

No matter how absurd, I woke up in a sweat, and couldn't really explain my consternation to my gf, so I didn't bother waking her up. Just had to share here, although I'm not looking forward to the posts I'm sure are coming-- leave it to me to lob one up for everyone to smack out of the park :p

What a relief to wake up in the real world!

hurleyfor3
12-11-2008, 11:46 AM
Might want to ask Greg Koubek for an interpretation on that one. :)

Oh Canada
12-11-2008, 12:09 PM
You know what Mitch Hedberg said about dreams.....to paraphrase....

"I just want to relax and then the next thing I know I'm building a go-kart with my ex-landlord!"

BD80
12-11-2008, 02:54 PM
Sounds like you were channeling Kyle's nightmare.

DukieInKansas
12-11-2008, 03:06 PM
This is a strange one, but last night, I had a terrible nightmare that Kyle Singler somehow was drafted, midseason, by the Oklahoma City NBA team, and left Duke as of today to play in the League.

No matter how absurd, I woke up in a sweat, and couldn't really explain my consternation to my gf, so I didn't bother waking her up. Just had to share here, although I'm not looking forward to the posts I'm sure are coming-- leave it to me to lob one up for everyone to smack out of the park :p

What a relief to wake up in the real world!

What DID you have for dinner? I suggest avoiding it in the future.

jv001
12-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Yeh that was scary, but it could have been worse. Kyle could have been transferring to unc or to the terps. Now that would be a nightmare. Go Duke!

FireOgilvie
12-11-2008, 03:22 PM
I do like the fact that you had him drafted to OK City. With the way their season is going, that means he was probably one of the first picks... I like where your head's at.

SilkyJ
12-11-2008, 03:38 PM
I do like the fact that you had him drafted to OK City. With the way their season is going, that means he was probably one of the first picks... I like where your head's at.

I guess, but if the season ends and Kyle is a top 5-10 pick, don't be surprised if he jumps...

RelativeWays
12-11-2008, 06:31 PM
I had a terrible dream that Tyler Hansbrough and Tim Tebow were on the TV at the same time, the announcers looked like Al Jolson from all the I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. kissing. I hate them.

Cell-R
12-11-2008, 06:36 PM
I hope Singler and Henderson both step up their game together, but not so much that either of them stands out much more than Singler is now. Hopefully they will lead the team without getting a good NBA look :D

Although, it would be even better if they played well enough to go in the first 5-10 and decided to stay!

CameronBornAndBred
12-11-2008, 06:52 PM
Drugs are bad, mmm'kay.
I'm hoping we have Kyle for all 4 years, and will be pleasantly surprised if we do. At least there is no way he's jumping mid-season.

godukecom
12-11-2008, 07:01 PM
I once had a dream hansblah was awarded 10 extra years of elligibility for "hard work and desire"...

SupaDave
12-12-2008, 10:54 AM
This is nothing compared to my UNC pre-game brawl with Michael Jordan that led to Dean Smith hitting me with his shoe. During the game I was fantastic. 72 points, 37 assists, 22 rebounds, 16 steals, 10 blocks, a perfect 15-15 from the free throw line and 6 charges drawn.

However in nightmarish fashion, I missed the buzzer beater which led to a nasty verbal altercation between me and Kobe Bryant over the last shot. :)

RainingThrees
12-12-2008, 11:15 AM
I once had a dream hansblah was awarded 10 extra years of elligibility for "hard work and desire"...

Haha!!! He would skip the pros and take it too thats what would piss me off.