PDA

View Full Version : Worst time of the year

DBFAN
12-10-2008, 11:37 PM
This is one of the worst times of the year, when we have to wait for the exams to be over before we get to see our Blue Devils play again. I wonder what everyone in here is doing to pass the time, I would normaly have football to watch, but my Cowboys just keep digging their own graves.

The1Bluedevil
12-10-2008, 11:52 PM
In my opinion the worst time of the year is the second the national championship is over. Have to sit through baseball all summer just counting down the days until pigskin starts back up.

BlueintheFace
12-10-2008, 11:57 PM
My vote goes for the moment we lose in the tournament (if we lose that is)...

DBFAN
12-11-2008, 12:01 AM
I just feel that this is a worse time because it feels like we have just been teased with some Bball, and now we have to sit and wait for the real thing to begin. At least at the end of the season you know it is over, right now is like being offered some money but you have to wait for all of the paperwork to be finished (I hope that made sense)

CameronBornAndBred
12-11-2008, 12:05 AM
In my opinion the worst time of the year is the second the national championship is over. Have to sit through baseball all summer just counting down the days until pigskin starts back up.
I'm with you there. I'm not a baseball fan, and if Duke exits the tourney early I have an even longer break before before sports of interest take over. I'll pay attention to golf if it's historic, which means any major that Tiger is playing. Good thing we had the Olympics last summer.
As for the exam break, I paint and think about what I'm not getting people for Christmas.

The1Bluedevil
12-11-2008, 12:09 AM
My vote goes for the moment we lose in the tournament (if we lose that is)...

As sad as it is to see a Duke season over, I still eagerly watch the rest of the dance.

mo.st.dukie
12-11-2008, 01:54 AM
Yeah, I agree that the worst time is when the team loses and you know you have to wait eight months to see another Duke game. December is really slow though, not only do you have finals week where there's no games but Duke also usually schedules a week and a half or so for Christmas break right after the MSG/Meadowlands game.

zingit
12-11-2008, 04:24 AM
This is one of the worst times of the year, when we have to wait for the exams to be over before we get to see our Blue Devils play again.

I feel your pain, but imagine how much it sucks for those of us who actually have to take those exams right now. :rolleyes:

du_bb1
12-11-2008, 07:26 AM
I favor Russels Reserve---a fine bourbon !

hurleyfor3
12-11-2008, 10:32 AM
I'm not a baseball fan... I'll pay attention to golf if it's historic, which means any major that Tiger is playing.

You're not a golf fan, either.

Lavabe
12-11-2008, 10:59 AM
I am going through Duke basketball withdrawal.

UGH!!

Watching Davidson the other night didn't cure the problem.

But it was nice to hear Bob Knight talk about Duke basketball.;)

Cheers,
Lavabe

geraldsneighbor
12-11-2008, 11:23 AM
It is a tough time, but as a college student it have gotten more time for my studies haha. I really have no idea how those teams in the Jimmy V classic can travel to NYC during finals week(atleast I know it is for WVU). Just goes to show the academic commitment at Duke is much greater and requires them to put the basketball down and hit the books. I have a lot of respect for how our players do both.

sagegrouse
12-11-2008, 12:53 PM
This is one of the worst times of the year, when we have to wait for the exams to be over before we get to see our Blue Devils play again. I wonder what everyone in here is doing to pass the time, I would normaly have football to watch, but my Cowboys just keep digging their own graves.

Here is what I did during the basketball recess. Perhaps this discussion can be a new application of the term, la petite mort.

I decided to downsize to a smaller apartment in DC while my wife was already at our permanent home in Colorado. (To be fair, she had packed most of the boxes before leaving.)

Then I had the dreaded experience of sitting alone surrounded by 40 unpacked boxes in a small apartment where there was room for maybe 20 boxes worth of stuff. I suppose mental illness is far worse, but I got a glimpse of the abyss.

Then, not having fully unpacked, I embarked on a business trip to Phoenix, eventually arriving at my home in Steamboat. That went OK.

I am now keying this message at the Denver Airport, awaiting my flight to Steamboat.

Tomorrow and Saturday I will head for the ski slopes and see what shape my legs are in (or not in).

Sunday is the Steamboat Christmas Bird Count, where I may see a Sharp-Tailed Grouse but have little hope of seeing my namesake, the Greater Sage Grouse.

After that frozen experience, I will only have two blank days, Monday and Tuesday, before Duke basketball resumes.

You asked, and I told you..........

sagegrouse

PDDuke85
12-11-2008, 01:13 PM
While waiting for the final exam down time to pass, replaying the Cutcliffe introductory press conference has been a helpful respite. Also, during the annual MLB winter meeting, it's a good time to reflect on the many reasons why I hate the NY Yankees.
:)

jv001
12-11-2008, 03:07 PM

Until this past off season I agreed with you, but this year I joined Blue Devil Nation Premium and the off season was not so bad. I love good recruiting news and I was blessed to join one that is pretty reliable. Not into rumors and back biting. Best $$$$ I have invested lately. Go Watzone and Go Duke!

shadowfax336
12-11-2008, 03:33 PM
I feel your pain, but imagine how much it sucks for those of us who actually have to take those exams right now. :rolleyes:
That would be me...