PDA

View Full Version : Army's Uniforms

A-Tex Devil
12-06-2008, 12:11 PM
I am sure there will be a lot of whining and crying about "tradition," but turn on CBS. Army's uniforms are pretty darn cool.

I need to go to that game sometime.

DukeFanInTerpLand
12-06-2008, 12:40 PM
I kind of wish all the Cadets weren't wearing the same camo hats in the stands. Keep that traditional at least. But the uniforms are pretty sweet.

This is first time I haven't been in 5-6 years. Great game, great tradition. Just wish I had been able to see a freaking Army win.

Bob Green
12-06-2008, 01:39 PM
Just wish I had been able to see a freaking Army win.

Go NAVY! Right now the scoreboard is looking pretty cool: 17 - 0 for the Midshipmen.

sagegrouse
12-06-2008, 02:02 PM
I hear the Army team did not know about the new camoflage uniforms until this morning. Really cool.

sagegrouse

Bob Green
12-06-2008, 02:27 PM
I hear the Army team did not know about the new camoflage uniforms until this morning. Really cool.

sagegrouse

24 - 0 NAVY! It looks like Army is using their camoflage uniforms to hide from the end zone.

kmspeaks
12-06-2008, 02:29 PM
Those uniforms are very cool. I especially like the Duty. Honor. Country. on the back of the jerseys where the last name would go.

ArtVandelay
12-06-2008, 02:30 PM
As a West Point kid who spent my childhood going to Army games, I can affirm that there's not all that much tradition associated with Army's uniforms. They've changed quite a bit over the years. The camo is pretty cool; although the helmets are kind of ugly. They also have "Duty.Honor.Country" on the backs of the jerseys, which is also pretty cool.

Unfortunately, Navy is still way better, uniforms notwithstanding.

I wonder if Coach K has any time to watch it on a game day.

Bob Green
12-06-2008, 03:13 PM
Pick 6! 34 - 0 NAVY! This is fun.

DukieInKansas
12-06-2008, 03:23 PM
I like the camo uniforms - very cool. Definitely a game I would like to attend sometime.

AtlBluRew
12-09-2008, 06:06 PM
The changes were more subtle, but they were important. The Navy uniforms represented the first time that uniforms used by USNA incorporated US Marine Corps images, highlighting the connection between USNA and the Marines. Almost a quarter of each USNA class enters the Marine Corps as 2nd Lieutenants upon graduation. These uniforms had an anchor on one shoulder that is the Midshipmen anchor, and on the other shoulder had the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor seal of the US Marines. Also, the shoulder boards were designed to look like the wings of the Blue Angels. Finally, the pants showcased the blood stripe earned by the non-commissioned officers and officers of the Marines at the Battle of Chapultepec. That's a great design!

Kfanarmy
12-12-2008, 02:40 PM
Not saying Army's QBs are terribly important but...can you imagine showing up for the last game of the year and trying to adjust to finding receivers wearing a different color helmet than you've seen for four years...and one that tends to meld into the green turf at a distance...I don't think anyone actually thought about the potential impact if they decided to throw the ball. Winning games with uniform gimmicks I'm guessing isn't something a College athletics coach should count on.