PDA

View Full Version : All America - Curry, Griffin, Hansbrough, and ????

gw67
12-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Last week, one of the TV color men made the same point that others on this board have made - Three spots on the 1st team seem to be already taken by Curry, Griffin and Hansbrough. It will be interesting to see who emerges during the season to also reach that elite level. Based on what I've seen and read, the following players may head the list of possibilities:

James Harden (Arizona State) - Harden was outstanding as a freshman last year and is even better as a soph. He is an outstanding offensive player.
Hasheem Thabeet (UConn) - Thabeet has improved every year and is a dominating rebounder and defensive player.
Luke Harangody (ND) - Harangody is an outstanding, albeit undersized, inside player who may be the top player in the Big East.
Nick Calathes (Florida) - Calathes may be the best player in the SEC.
Kyle Singler (Duke) - Singler is the best player on a very good team and may have the best combination of inside/outside skill set and athleticism of any frontcourt player. Like Calathes, he will not put up big numbers like others because he is on a well balanced team.

I likely missed some but those are players that I see rising to the top.

gw67

AtlDuke72
12-06-2008, 11:09 AM
It would be hard to vote against Ty Lawson. He just dominated the games I have seen the Heels play.

jv001
12-06-2008, 12:12 PM
It would be hard to vote against Ty Lawson. He just dominated the games I have seen the Heels play.

Yeh, but he will blow up and show his you know what b4 the years over. Then he will be in ole roys dog house. I have to go with the Ariz State star(Harden) and Collison(UCLA).

BlueintheFace
12-06-2008, 12:14 PM
Just write Harden in... It's going to be Hansbrough, Griffin, Curry, Harden, and one other...

RainingThrees
12-06-2008, 12:16 PM
Just write Harden in... It's going to be Hansbrough, Griffin, Curry, Harden, and one other...

Thabeet. He can score this year, which added to his defense his scary.

AtlDuke72
12-06-2008, 12:43 PM
Yeh, but he will blow up and show his you know what b4 the years over. Then he will be in ole roys dog house. I have to go with the Ariz State star(Harden) and Collison(UCLA).

I just don't see it with Collison. If Lawson is going to blow up I hope he does it on February 11. Can't wait to see how Nolan Smith does against him.