PDA

View Full Version : Front page photo

heyman25
12-05-2008, 07:03 AM
I know that is Jeff Mullins. It looks like Jay Buckley and Art Heyman or is the guy sitting down Hack Tison? What year was 44 Jeff's jersey retired?

Devil in the Blue Dress
12-05-2008, 09:41 AM
I know that is Jeff Mullins. It looks like Jay Buckley and Art Heyman or is the guy sitting down Hack Tison? What year was 44 Jeff's jersey retired?
I think you're correct in identifying Jeff Mullins, but that is not Art Heyman near the center of the photo. Artie's taller than that.... compare the guy's height to the gal he's dancing with and with Jeff's height. Maybe it's Ray Cox.

Jeff's jersey was retired on December 6, 1994.

sagegrouse
12-05-2008, 10:03 AM
Ray, Jay Buckley and Jeff Mullins were fraternity brothers (Phi Kappa Sigma). Ray was the son of Duke tennis coach Bob Cox. Ray was a walk-on for the basketball team his entire time at Duke.

sagegrouse
'Looks like one of those wild parties so prevalent in my era':D:D:D

-jk
12-05-2008, 10:08 AM
Ray, Jay Buckley and Jeff Mullins were fraternity brothers (Phi Kappa Sigma). Ray was the son of Duke tennis coach Bob Cox. Ray was a walk-on for the basketball team his entire time at Duke.

sagegrouse
'Looks like one of those wild parties so prevalent in my era':D:D:D

I can say with certainty that some of those parties got pretty wild. It was a different era, but not that different.

-jk

Devil in the Blue Dress
12-05-2008, 11:25 AM
I can say with certainty that some of those parties got pretty wild. It was a different era, but not that different.

-jk

Any discussion of wild fraternity parties is an empty recitation without mention of KA parties. .... and some Phi Delt parties.

If you want to talk about good parties in the sense of great bands and dancing, ZBT was without equal.

killerleft
12-05-2008, 01:08 PM
I can't quite make it out, but is that a dog under Jay's right hand? Duke?

-jk
12-05-2008, 02:50 PM
Any discussion of wild fraternity parties is an empty recitation without mention of KA parties. .... and some Phi Delt parties.

If you want to talk about good parties in the sense of great bands and dancing, ZBT was without equal.

I recognize the venue: the party wasn't a frat party, though it may have had as much beer. (And it wouldn't be advisable under today's NCAA rules, but that's a different issue.)

-jk

Devil in the Blue Dress
12-05-2008, 05:23 PM
I recognize the venue: the party wasn't a frat party, though it may have had as much beer. (And it wouldn't be advisable under today's NCAA rules, but that's a different issue.)

-jk

Where was this picture made? It looks so familiar, but I can't think of where I've seen it.