PDA

View Full Version : new Arby's commercial

aimo
12-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Has anyone seen the latest Arby's commercial where the guy is lying on the bed, surrounded by candles, I believe, and waiting expectantly for his wife/girlfriend to come into the room for his birthday surprise? It turns out she's dressed like an Arby's employee and carrying a tray of (yeesh) Arby's food. Then . . . the Arby's hat appears above his head. Now, as if the hat isn't phallic enough, does anyone agree that the WAY it appears is rather, um, interesting? Or was it just me?

CameronBornAndBred
12-02-2008, 02:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaHDN3_X4QY

I wonder what his hat size is.

rthomas
12-02-2008, 03:01 PM
I find the Burger King particularly creepy.

EarlJam
12-02-2008, 03:28 PM
Then . . . the Arby's hat appears above his head. Now, as if the hat isn't phallic enough, does anyone agree that the WAY it appears is rather, um, interesting? Or was it just me?

It's the way the hat springs up. In past commercials, the hat just appears. Here it actually rises. I will never use "Arby's Sauce" again.

-EJ

Gattigap
12-02-2008, 05:20 PM
It's the way the hat springs up. In past commercials, the hat just appears. Here it actually rises.

Plus there's the "sproing" sound effect. Arby's was apparently worried that the rising hat, in and of itself, was too subtle.

EarlJam
12-02-2008, 06:08 PM
Plus there's the "sproing" sound effect. Arby's was apparently worried that the rising hat, in and of itself, was too subtle.

Really? I had my sound turned down (was at work). Actually, that's rather unbelievable, but I guess they've done the research and know their demographic.

I mean this in a fun way, but I don't think the Moderators would "approve of that message." :D
-EJ

OZZIE4DUKE
12-03-2008, 12:00 AM
Boiiiing!