PDA

View Full Version : W Ky 68, Louisville 54

Wander
11-30-2008, 05:10 PM
I just finished watching Louisville lose by double digits to Western Kentucky. WKU lost to Murray State by about 30 points recently...

CameronBornAndBred
11-30-2008, 06:45 PM
Kentucky = failing in basketball and barbecue

DukeBlood
11-30-2008, 08:09 PM
Kentucky = failing in basketball and barbecue

Kentucky is failing right now. I made a bet that they wont make the NCAA Tourney, which was probably dumb. The SEC is weak and they will most likely get in on just the name and one upset over Tennessee.

With all that being said, Kentucky will be back. They bring in Daniel Orton, Jon Hood and G.J. Vilarino. Orton and Hood SHOULD be two really good SEC players. Vilarino will a 4 year player who should turn out to be decent. Not to mention they are in the running for Lance Stephenson. A top-10 player.

In 2010 they landed star Dominique Ferguson and a couple of lower ranked players. They are in the running for numerous top ranked players. I know scout.com isn't exact on judging talent, but its hard to believe all of these players will bust.

dbd4ever
11-30-2008, 08:50 PM
As mentioned earlier this week that Louisville was squeeking by a few of the smaller teams on their schedule. Western Kentucky beat(not stunned) the Cardinals 68-54.

dukelifer
11-30-2008, 09:05 PM
As mentioned earlier this week that Louisville was squeeking by a few of the smaller teams on their schedule. Western Kentucky went into Freedom Hall today and beat(not stunned) the Cardinals 68-54.

This season is really crazy. This is further evidence that UNC is head and shoulders above everyone at this point. The supposed best conference, the Big East, has has a bad week. Louisville, Notre Dame, Georgetown, Marquette all get beat by pretty wide margins. Mich State also struggled- but they are missing a key player- I do not expect them to give UNC any problems. Maryland also got killed today by Georgetown after giving Gary some glimmer of hope for the season. Also, UNC beat UNC Ashville by 70+ in which they played the last 5 minutes with their JV- no joke . Ashville beat Liberty by almost 30 and Liberty beat UVa by 4.. Does that mean UNC will beat UVa by 100??? Geez.

KyDevilinIL
11-30-2008, 10:00 PM
Actually, the Louisville game was played in Nashville, which is considerably closer to Bowling Green, Ky., where WKU is based.

should_be_working
12-01-2008, 09:36 AM
This could have very easily been us a couple of weeks ago when we just barely beat a Rhode Island team. How quickly we forget . . .

Louisville always seems to struggle at the beginning of a season and then pull it together at the end - we seem to do the opposite, which makes me very optimistic about our chances in march/april this season.

Saratoga2
12-01-2008, 10:50 AM
This could have very easily been us a couple of weeks ago when we just barely beat a Rhode Island team. How quickly we forget . . .

Louisville always seems to struggle at the beginning of a season and then pull it together at the end - we seem to do the opposite, which makes me very optimistic about our chances in march/april this season.

RI is 7 and 2 having been beaten by Duke and Villanova. Their wins have been against second ranked teams but they are not that bad a team.

should_be_working
12-01-2008, 11:15 AM
RI is 7 and 2 having been beaten by Duke and Villanova. Their wins have been against second ranked teams but they are not that bad a team.

I'm not saying Rhode Island is a bad team, nor am I saying WKU is either (didn't they get to the sweet 16 last year?) If we had lost to Rhode Island a couple of weeks ago (before their 7-2 record), a lot of people would have been reacting the same way as they are about the Louisville loss. Louisville should have beaten WKU, Duke should have beaten Rhode Island, and we only did so by 3 points, having trailed most of the game. My only point is that its early and before we start ripping Louisville, we need not forget our scare a couple of weeks ago by a team that at the time we should have beaten "easily". Saying basketball is dead in Kentucky is just too silly to say this early on IMO.