PDA

View Full Version : What to do with my brother?

Lavabe
11-29-2008, 07:06 AM
He went to Louisville Law School, paid tuition for his stepson to go to Md, and loves the Holes. He can't understand why I wouldn't root for MD over Gonzaga (to improve Duke's strength of schedule). He thinks that Greivous Vasquez is an All-ACC first team guard. He thinks that the Big East will have three of the top four seeds.

And now he is all excited about Louisville's women's team.

What should I do with him? Suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Lavabe

devildeac
11-29-2008, 08:12 AM
He went to Louisville Law School, paid tuition for his stepson to go to Md, and loves the Holes. He can't understand why I wouldn't root for MD over Gonzaga (to improve Duke's strength of schedule). He thinks that Greivous Vasquez is an All-ACC first team guard. He thinks that the Big East will have three of the top four seeds.

Cheers,
Lavabe

Stop visiting?

Heelkiller1
11-29-2008, 09:29 AM
Take him to Cameron ,it will change his life.

Lavabe
11-29-2008, 09:32 AM
Take him to Cameron ,it will change his life.

It might also end his life if he wears tacky blue.;)

Indoor66
11-29-2008, 09:48 AM

Cheers,
Lavabe

Look him in the eye and tell him that "this too shall pass" and then shun him. :)

Heelkiller1
11-29-2008, 09:53 AM
Are you really sure that he is your brother? You might want to check into that.;)

devildeac
11-29-2008, 10:28 AM

Cheers,
Lavabe

Get your parents to sign the papers. You know, THOSE papers...

gvtucker
11-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Get your parents to sign the papers. You know, THOSE papers...

I think you can only do that in Nebraska.....

jimsumner
11-29-2008, 10:37 AM
"He thinks that Greivous Vasquez is an All-ACC first team guard"

He could be right about this one.

devildeac
11-29-2008, 10:40 AM
I think you can only do that in Nebraska.....

He lives in Kentucky. Is that close enough:o?

Well, either THOSE papers or the OTHER papers...

BlueintheFace
11-29-2008, 10:41 AM

yah, and the 3 #1 seeds. It's not likely but certainly possible...

DevilAlumna
11-29-2008, 12:04 PM

That sounds like a cry for help. Maybe the Atlanta DBR Mafia needs to pay him a friendly visit.... :D

sue71, esq
11-29-2008, 12:09 PM
Do you know of another family that would take him? Can you offer a trade... maybe your brother and some cash for, say, a pie?

DukieInKansas
11-29-2008, 02:12 PM
Do you know of another family that would take him? Can you offer a trade... maybe your brother and some cash for, say, a pie?

That's not fair to the other family.

speedevil
11-29-2008, 03:34 PM

Cheers,
Lavabe

is he your older brother or younger brother?

if older brother - then hope ur parents have another kid
if younger brother - give him a beat down

Papa John
11-29-2008, 03:44 PM

Cheers,
Lavabe

As they say, Lavabe... You can pick your friends, but you're stuck with your family... My advice would be to simply tolerate the insanity with a slight nod, a knowing smile, and a nice glass of scotch!

I raise my glass to you! Cheers!

dukestheheat
11-29-2008, 09:13 PM
Lavabe,

I just wouldn't buy him any Christmas presents. Do you think that'll help?

dth.

sue71, esq
11-29-2008, 11:56 PM
Lavabe,

I just wouldn't buy him any Christmas presents. Do you think that'll help?

dth.

I completely disagree. A lovely hat, like CB&B's and a big ol' DUKE sweatshirt should do the trick.

Then steal every hat and shirt he owns so he's forced to wear them. :p

sagegrouse
11-30-2008, 09:07 AM

Cheers,
Lavabe

Not to be a contrarian, but my view is different: The Terp fans may hate Duke but, since they are not our rival, why we should we return the favor? The fans are losers ("If we win, we riot; if we lose, we riot"), but I don't hold it against the players or Gary.

I was cheering for the Terps against both Mich State and Gonzaga (and will also be against Georgetown today) -- it would be good for the ACC and Gary Williams deserves to win a few games.

Greivis Vasquez is a talented player and deserves a lot of consideration for all-ACC. I mean, when he played for the Venzuela national team against the US, Kobe Bryant guarded him.

sagegrouse
'Lots of competition for All-ACC at guard -- Lawson and Teague and Scheyer'

davekay1971
11-30-2008, 09:20 AM
Tough love.

And ditto what Sagegrouse said about the Twerps: they're not worthy of our loathing, just our scorn.

In good news for my family: my sister-in-law has recently seen the light. After a couple years of wanting to be a Tarheel, she visited Boone NC and App St and has decided to become a Mountaineer. A soul saved!

Devil in the Blue Dress
11-30-2008, 02:50 PM

Cheers,
Lavabe
It sounds like he's happy to sample from the buffet of foolishness. As long as he's not hurting himself or others, no intervention is necessary. Be patient with his condition and humor him; it may throw him completely off stride. What he is experiencing may be acute, but not life threatening.

cf-62
11-30-2008, 04:20 PM

Cheers,
Lavabe

Why WOULDN'T you root for Maryland against Gonzaga??? And can you name 3 guards in the league better than Vasquez? I can only think of 2, and they both wear puke (i.e., light) blue.

juise
11-30-2008, 05:10 PM
Today you can give him some good natured ribbing because his Cardinals lost by 14 to Western Kentucky.

YmoBeThere
11-30-2008, 07:42 PM
Go Hilltoppers!

sue71, esq
12-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Lavabe, have you come to any sort of a decision?

Turk
12-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Where's Wilson to jump in with his usual assessment:

"Off with his head!"

As for me, I have no problem rooting for ACC teams when they play outside the ACC, with the exception of the Tacky Blues, of course.

wilko
12-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Get him so drunk he is blind...
Then get him changed into a dress and leave him at the bus stop... passed out.

That oughtta make him rethink a few things..

4decadedukie
12-03-2008, 07:53 AM

Not the guy who played against the Hoya's last weekend . . .