PDA

View Full Version : 24:Redemption

OZZIE4DUKE
11-25-2008, 12:05 AM
No one commenting on Sunday night's show?

Only negatives were how fast those kids walked from the school to the embassy and Jack's burned ear didn't hurt him very long, or show up as injured.

It'll be good to have the show back on the air in January.

JasonEvans
11-25-2008, 10:22 AM
First of all, the product placement was outrageous! There were obvious product placement spots for Hyundai, Nextel, and a few others. If I was Hyundai, I would have been a little upset that I paid to get my car in the show and they had a sleazy drug-addicted guy use it and then get killed. The Nextel one was really absurd, with a split screen and half the screen just showing a closeup of a phone with the words "Nextel connect" in large letters on the phone. I laughed out loud at that one. Did anyone else notice all the product placements?

The plot was obvious, though that is nothing new for 24. As soon as the embassy guy tried to serve Jack with the subpoena, I knew how the episode would turn out. As usual, the time element was ridiculous as the events that they claim took place in 2 hours would have taken a minimum of 5 or 6 hours in real life -- probably even more than that. Still, that is old hat for 24 and I have learned to not be bothered by it any more.

I actually think they did a decent job setting up the regular season. I am sure that John Voight will be back as the bad guy and much of the plot will center around these African bad guys trying to strike back against America, which is kinda cool. I am gonna have a hard time with any plot surrounding the President's son but 24 loves to allow the bad guys to get ridiculously close to people in power so I guess that will just have to happen. I see that they are bringing Tom back as a bad guy. How the heck is that going to work!??!?! Still, it should be fun. They have done away with CTU, but Chloe is still going to be on the show. I am not sure if that will be fun or excruciating. Probably a little bit of both.

I am eager for the season to start even if this is the show I love to hate.

-Jason "the whiney little African kid who cherished Jack's scarf was really annoying, that's for sure" Evans

365Duke
11-25-2008, 10:30 AM
Yeah Ozzie,

I thought is was pretty good. Its actually funny. I had a strange feeling when watching it, I felt like I was looking at an old friend, who just walked out with no explanation. It was I was holding a grudge against Jack Bauer, (prob not good idea fyi).

I thought the show was good in parts, and slow in others. I have gotten so used to watching The Unit, I think they have kinda moved into lead for "Crafty B.A's" more in my mind. Still love the show, but I did not jump at the chance to watch it like i use to. Heres to hoping they draw me back in like the old days.

hurleyfor3
11-25-2008, 10:32 AM
No one commenting on Sunday night's show?

Only negatives were blah blah blah blah whatever.

I'll give you a negative. I was all set to watch The Simpsons in the timeslot it has been in for TWO FREAKING DECADES and what shows up on my teevee but some stupid episode of 24. For crying out loud it's the only teevee show in history I've ever scheduled my life around and they have to pre freaking empt it. Grrrrr. I hope they pre-empt the next 24 (whatever night it's usually on) with a two-hour Simpsons just so you'll know how I feel.

JasonEvans
11-27-2008, 10:20 AM
Just in case folks were wondering, 24:Redemption posted good but not great ratings. Still, it was strong enough so that I bet we will see more 24 movies in the future as a result.

It won the 8pm hour even though it faced very tough competition in the American Music Awards, Amazing Race, and Sunday Night Football. At 9pm it was slightly behind the Awards show and Cold Case, though it crushed Cold Case in the younger demographics.

Overall, Redemption had a little more than 12 million viewers. I am sure Fox is quite pleased.

Oh, and for those Simpsons/FamilyGuy fans who were mad to see their shows displaced for a week, 24's ratings were at least 25% higher than the animation block usually scores, though the numbers in the younger demographics were about the same as Simpsons and slightly behind Family Guy.

--Jason "Sunday Night TV competition is brutal" Evans

Clipsfan
11-27-2008, 12:11 PM
I couldn't help watching the first bit and thinking that some writer had watched Blood Diamond recently. Given that the show continuously steals material from itself, I'm not surprised that they're stealing concepts from movies when they finally make a "movie".

Time compression was out of control again, but that's standard with 24. One thing I noticed in the previews for the upcoming season was that the Colonel was in them and completely healthy looking. Wasn't he about 2 feet from the mine blast?