PDA

View Full Version : Paulus Injury Status

Kfanarmy
11-24-2008, 05:11 PM
Anyone know the extent of the injury, prognosis, and timeline for Greg Paulus' return to the team full strength?

DoubleDuke Dad
11-24-2008, 05:20 PM
Anyone know the extent of the injury, prognosis, and timeline for Greg Paulus' return to the team full strength?

I heard an interview with Coach K before the Montana game. He stated that they were planning to rest Paulus for the Montana game but they hoped that his arm would heal enough so that he would be able to play in the Duquesne game.

RainingThrees
11-24-2008, 05:22 PM
We need him. Gives us depth for march and our 3 point shooting has been down.

SilkyJ
11-24-2008, 06:23 PM
I heard an interview with Coach K before the Montana game. He stated that they were planning to rest Paulus for the Montana game but they hoped that his arm would heal enough so that he would be able to play in the Duquesne game.

That's what I've read/heard as well. The problem seems to be in his forearm, but the real end result is that its affecting the grip/strength/dexterity in his hand, and unfortunately its his right hand. I haven't heard much as to the exact diagnosis...

We need him. Gives us depth for march and our 3 point shooting has been down.

How does this in any way answer the original posters question?

jimsumner
11-24-2008, 06:42 PM
K discussed Paulus in some detail after the game. They did a second MRI just to make sure they didn't miss anything the first time. The second MRI showed the same thing as the first, i.e. a bruised forearm. Paulus was playing in pain and the injury was negatively impacting his game.

K indicated at that time that Duke hoped to have him back this week but we'll have to wait a few days to know for sure.

Kim*
11-24-2008, 08:25 PM
From GoDuke:

"He’s never recovered. He’s played the last three ball games hurt. You can see it, I can see it in his shot, in how he extends. It’s just not good yet. It’s a bad bruise and we had an MRI taken against yesterday just to make sure there wasn’t anything in there that we hadn’t seen, and everything they thought was still the right way. It’s part of your body that gets hit a lot in our game. I think it was a wise decision, and it was tough for him to make it because that kid wants to play all the time, but let’s hope it helps."

devildeac
11-24-2008, 09:39 PM
From GoDuke:

"He’s never recovered. He’s played the last three ball games hurt. You can see it, I can see it in his shot, in how he extends. It’s just not good yet. It’s a bad bruise and we had an MRI taken against yesterday just to make sure there wasn’t anything in there that we hadn’t seen, and everything they thought was still the right way. It’s part of your body that gets hit a lot in our game. I think it was a wise decision, and it was tough for him to make it because that kid wants to play all the time, but let’s hope it helps."

Guess this means it's unlikely he'll be back-up QB on Saturday either then:rolleyes:.

Seriously, get well quickly!

roywhite
11-24-2008, 11:10 PM
Guess this means it's unlikely he'll be back-up QB on Saturday either then:rolleyes:.

Seriously, get well quickly!

Speaking of back-up QB, I guess Greg's brother Mike will be in uniform for the Tarheels, but hasn't been getting much playing time. It's gotta be mixed emotions to watch your brother play for a hated rival in a game against your school.

wilson
11-24-2008, 11:40 PM
It's gotta be mixed emotions to watch your brother play for a hated rival in a game against your school.

Nah. Go to hell, Carolina, go to hell.

Kfanarmy
11-25-2008, 10:38 AM
Thanks to all for the responses. It would be good to see him hitting threes again.

OldPhiKap
11-25-2008, 10:45 AM
Speaking of back-up QB, I guess Greg's brother Mike will be in uniform for the Tarheels, but hasn't been getting much playing time. It's gotta be mixed emotions to watch your brother play for a hated rival in a game against your school.

I could see Greg wanting his brother to throw for four touchdowns, yet have Duke pull the game out in the end.

Actually, I'd be okay with that too.

Rudy
11-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Keeping him out of the Montana game meant he can rest his arm for a full week, from last Friday to next with Duquesne. Good decision. We need his accuracy from 3 to return.

Kim*
11-25-2008, 12:10 PM
Keeping him out of the Montana game meant he can rest his arm for a full week, from last Friday to next with Duquesne. Good decision. We need his accuracy from 3 to return.
I agree that it was good for him to rest it, but I just hope it was enough time. The last thing I want to see is it getting tweaked on Friday leading to something even worse. :/

devildeac
11-25-2008, 01:40 PM

Greg might think along the lines of: "I sure hope Mike gets to play and that he throws a TD pass and that he doesn't fumble. All of that, of course, is because Duke is winning 42-7:D."

Devil in the Blue Dress
11-25-2008, 02:46 PM
There has been some discussion about whether Greg could or would play quarterback at Duke. Maybe the better question is whether Mike would defect and change the shade of blue on his uniform to Duke blue. ;)