PDA

View Full Version : Any word on Thad Lewis?

6th Man
11-24-2008, 02:42 PM
I really hope that Thad is able to play Sat. We have some really good seniors playing their last game and I hope we can send them out victorious. Nothing feels better than beating the Tarholes!!!!

Bob Green
11-24-2008, 02:57 PM
The ACC releases injury reports on Thursday.

MulletMan
11-24-2008, 03:33 PM
I was told that he'll be playing on Saturday... this, however, comes from a semi-reliable source. Not a completely reliable source like Wat, Jim or Brill, so take it for what its worth.

OZZIE4DUKE
11-24-2008, 03:48 PM
I was told that he'll be playing on Saturday... this, however, comes from a semi-reliable source. Not a completely reliable source like Wat, Jim or Brill, so take it for what its worth.

Help us ObiWan Thad, you're our only hope...

CameronBornAndBred
11-25-2008, 09:23 AM
"Cutcliffe said he is "very hopeful" (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/acc)quarterback Thaddeus Lewis (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=191344) (ankle) can rejoin the team on Saturday against UNC, and that Lewis remains to get treatment."

Sounds promising. I'm looking forward to Watzone's updates from the field, hopefully he will have more good news for us.

jimsumner
11-25-2008, 01:59 PM
Cutcliffe indicated at today's press conference that he expects Lewis to play Saturday but that depends on Lewis continuing to respond to treatment. TL has had limited practice time this week.

The most likely scenario is that Lewis and Asack will both play (not at the same time). We'll know more Thursday, when the official injury report comes out.

allenmurray
11-25-2008, 02:40 PM
I'm not sure how both of them playing works out. It seems to me it is almost like announcing to the defense what play we will run. Clearly if Asack enters at QB the defense knows they do not have to defend against the pass.

killerleft
11-25-2008, 03:06 PM
I'm not sure how both of them playing works out. It seems to me it is almost like announcing to the defense what play we will run. Clearly if Asack enters at QB the defense knows they do not have to defend against the pass.

You'd think so, but I still believe they'd have to honor Asack as a passer were he to line up in the backfield along WITH Thad Lewis - as a running back. Sweeps could get interesting.

Duvall
11-25-2008, 03:14 PM

Unless the entire game plan last week was a trap...

DukePA
11-25-2008, 04:16 PM

Ooooohhh, loving that idea!

Dr. Rosenrosen
11-25-2008, 04:32 PM
If we can play D like last week, Thad really only needs to be in there for one TD scoring drive! Then the defense can hold the tarholes down while Asack protects the lead on the ground.

OZZIE4DUKE
11-25-2008, 05:01 PM

Zack did throw a beautiful short pass for a touchdown earlier in the season on a roll out play. The defenders certainly expected him to turn up field and not zip it over their heads to, I believe, Donovan Varner.