PDA

View Full Version : Why this Tourney is so boring...

Jumbo
03-31-2007, 09:14 PM
Duke's absence? Nope.
Tightly called games that put stars on the bench? No again.
Offensively challenged teams? Sorry, not that either.

There's one answer, and one only: No ads for Spring Break Shark Attack.

throatybeard
03-31-2007, 09:28 PM
I miss the Tendercrisp Bacon Cheddar Ranch.

hurleyfor3
03-31-2007, 11:15 PM
This is ooooooooour countryyyyyyyyyyy

Exiled_Devil
03-31-2007, 11:20 PM
Clay Henry

Or was that Sunday night ACC?

Anyway, you are welcome for the curse of that song in your head.

rthomas
03-31-2007, 11:40 PM
1. Coach K in the SSR - Chevy commercial
2. Coach K being a leader - American Express
3. Wife pissed at husband in tiny house - Geico
4. Hot woman dancing, sweating, dancing, sweating, being hot - deodorant

throatybeard
03-31-2007, 11:55 PM
3. Wife pissed at husband in tiny house - Geico

This is not awesome!!!!.

That might have been one of the ten best commercials ever.

Geico fo yo monaaaay.

hurleyfor3
04-01-2007, 12:25 AM
I miss the era of more melted cheese, new better toppings and a tender, tastier crust

ricks68
04-01-2007, 10:20 AM
I think it's party because the Georgetown-Ohio St. game just plain stunk it up. First of all, because the refs did it again with very inconsistant calls, and secondly, because both teams were very offensively inoffensive. I mean, like, without Oden in the game most of the time, why couldn't Georgetown run a decent offense and score more? No excuse.

ricks

DukeDevil
04-01-2007, 11:42 AM
Clay Henry

Or was that Sunday night ACC?

Anyway, you are welcome for the curse of that song in your head.

but he got real big on burgers and fries!
(I hate you, stupid song is in my head now)

DukieUGA
04-01-2007, 04:27 PM
someone mentioned it earlier, but i'll agree, the refs have absolutely sucked it up this year. Mind-boggling that they call some of the lamest touch fouls 50 ft from the basket and won't call ambush attacks near the rim. It's like they want to encourage guards to drive to the rim and then get ruthlessly beaten when they do, Sado-masochism in a zebra-suit. People love to blame refs for everything but i thinnk this can squarely be pinned on the Officiating Director's office, if such a thing goes by such a title. Anyway, this is the lamest tournament i can remember, i have such a null interest in the final now. Well, actually on paper some of the matchups have been pretty interesting and then the games have totally sucked, Gtown vs OSU? Oden vs. Hibbert, 2 great young bigmen and the refs completely remove them from the game, and voila, the game sucked. The UF UCLA re-match should have been good, but it couldn't have been less interesting for the first 10 minutes if they had put in a bunch of diaper-bound toddlers. At least that would have had humorous value. Oh well.

CMS2478
04-02-2007, 08:22 AM
This is not awesome!!!!.

That might have been one of the ten best commercials ever.

Geico fo yo monaaaay.

I use to laugh everytime I saw that commercial...............even after about 100 times!!! :D

wilko
04-02-2007, 02:58 PM
4. Hot woman dancing, sweating, dancing, sweating, being hot - deodorant

My 3 yr old got the point of this commercial....
He would watch it and say... "Bad girl... bad girl dancing"

NOW when I linger a bit too long on univision while channel flipping hes says "Hot chix.." the boy has evolved.

Hes the tallest kid in his daycare class... so I'm hoping he shows interest in BBall and keeps growing. :D

dukemsu
04-02-2007, 07:55 PM
I miss the era of more melted cheese, new better toppings and a tender, tastier crust

Bob Knight forever. Nice call.