PDA

View Full Version : Xavier over Memphis -- X men look good!

trinity92
11-24-2008, 12:40 AM
Haven't seen anyone post about this, but Xavier beat Memphis today, 63-58, and they looked like they'll be a handful when we meet them Dec. 20.

They're athletic and relentless inside, play good D and are still gelling. I didn't know much about them before watching the game today, but I was very impressed.

Looks to me it willl be well worth the trip across the hudson to see the game.

Can't wait!

Cormac
11-24-2008, 07:18 AM
Haven't seen anyone post about this, but Xavier beat Memphis today, 63-58, and they looked like they'll be a handful when we meet them Dec. 20.

They're athletic and relentless inside, play good D and are still gelling. I didn't know much about them before watching the game today, but I was very impressed.

Looks to me it willl be well worth the trip across the hudson to see the game.

Can't wait!

My X-Men are playing much better than expected. Their biggest weakness though, and what I expect Duke to exploit big time, is their lack of a PG. They are hoping the Holloway kid (freshmen, originally committed to Indiana) can develop into the starter. But in the meantime its a by committee role right now. They are also struggling from deep right now. But they have great athletes and are a forward dominated team like they always seem to be. They are long and have some thick kids (Love and Frease come to mind). I wouldn't be surprised if they win the paint battle over Duke at least in terms of post production. I still expect Duke to win by 10+ though. Second time my two favorite teams have played each other in 5 years. Argh!

Cormac
11-26-2008, 08:53 AM
Holloway has a stress fracture in his foot. He's expected to miss at least two weeks. This really hurts X. Even if plays against Duke, he's going to miss a lot of prep which is huge for a freshman PG trying to run a top 25 team. Best wishes on his recovery and hopefully he can be at full go soon!