PDA

View Full Version : Best Final Four?

houstondukie
03-31-2007, 06:12 PM
This year's final four has 4 great teams and any one of them has a realistic shot at winning the national championship. It got me thinking, what year had the best final four teams left?

2001? Duke, Arizona, Michigan State, and Maryland were all very talented teams with great coaches (Izzo, Olsen, Williams and K) and great players including Battier, Williams, Arenas, Richard Jefferson, Jason Richardson, Juan Dixon, etc (so many to list).

This year's final four doesn't come close in terms of coaches but all 4 are high seeds (UCLA is basically a 1 seed in my mind) with a lot of good/great future NBA players.

Atlanta Duke
03-31-2007, 06:40 PM
1993 had Kentucky (Pitino), Michigan (Fab Five), Kansas (Ole Roy), and Carolina (Deano).

I recall UK-Michigan went to OT and UNC won the championship in a game that featured the infamous Webber time-out call.

Not thrilled about the outcome but that was a great Final Four.

Cameron
03-31-2007, 07:49 PM
The 2002 Final Four would have been amazing had we been there (like we should have:() Could you imagine how much talent would have been in Atlanta that year? Duke, Maryland, Kansas, and Oklahoma. Aside from the Sooners, who did have a very good team that year, though, led by senior Hollis Price, the big three would have been filled with so much All-American talent that I'm not sure it could be beaten. Just think of some of the names. Williams, Dunleavy, Boozer, Duhon, Jones, Baxter, Wilcox, Blake, Dixon, Hinrich, Collison, Gooden, and on and on and on. And had we gotten past Oklahoma in the semis, which I think we would have, it would have been an amazing game with Maryland in the national championship game.

If only...