PDA

View Full Version : ACC Roundup 11/23

gw67
11-23-2008, 10:45 AM
As of yesterday, the ACC is 37-2. This record is even better than recent good starts by the league. This week, however, will be a challenge. The following are tough games:

· Miami vs. UConn – Miami gets very little love on this board but they have shooters, good perimeter defense and Collins has gotten off to a good start inside. UConn is one of the best teams in the country. If the Canes can play them close, it will be a sign that they are ready to be near the top of the ACC.
· UNC in Maui Invitational. The Heels should win but three games in three days in the heat/humidity will be tough for a team with a short bench.
· BC vs. Purdue – If Purdue is as good as the pundits say, they should win easily; however, I expect BC to bounce back and give them a good game.
· Maryland in Old Spice Classic. This tourney may have the best field of all the holiday tournaments (Mich State, Georgetown, Gonzaga, Tennessee, Okla State, Siena and Wichita State). I wish the Devils were playing instead of the Terps. It won’t hurt their RPI but the best I expect is a 1-2 record.
· Virginia @ Syracuse – Virginia is young and not very good. Chalk this up as a loss.

I expect the ACC to experience 5-6 losses this week to go with 15-16 wins.

Reportedly, the 08 freshmen class was weak. Early on, 19 freshmen are getting double digit playing time and 8 of them (Aminu, Landesberg, Singleton, Alabi, Shumpert, Davis, Woods and Zeglinski) appear to be making significant contributions. I note that theACC.com has begun to post team and individual stats for the teams.

gw67

pfrduke
11-23-2008, 12:54 PM
Zeglinski and Alabi are either sophs or redshirt freshmen. Both were on campus last season and played in some games.

riverside6
11-23-2008, 01:03 PM
Zeglinski and Alabi are either sophs or redshirt freshmen. Both were on campus last season and played in some games.
both are redshirt freshmen I believe