PDA

View Full Version : NC State 41, North Carolina 10

RelativeWays
11-22-2008, 12:56 PM
So far, the pack is on top of the goats 10-0.

EDIT: Just noticed that its Yates behind center and not Sexton.

Son of Mojo
11-22-2008, 01:02 PM
........something just sounded impure about "being on top of the goats"..........but let's hope they continue to do so.

DukePA
11-22-2008, 01:07 PM
So far it appears as if the same State team that killed us has shown up in Kenan stadium. Go Wuf Pack :D

sandinmyshoes
11-22-2008, 01:23 PM
I think any team that avoids turnovers can beat UNC. That includes our guys. The UNC offense is capable of big plays but has been erratic everytime I've seen them play. Their defense has been great at scoring or setting up scores. State has avoided that scenario and the scoreboard shows it.

CameronBornAndBred
11-22-2008, 01:33 PM
GTHC! State is looking good, Yates is not.

YmoBeThere
11-22-2008, 02:12 PM
17-3 partway through the 3rd quarter.

RelativeWays
11-22-2008, 02:31 PM
This is almost deja vu from 2 weeks ago only replace Duke with UNC.

UNC fans right now are thinking what Duke fans are thinking 2 weeks ago. "why couldn't we have played NC State in September?"

CameronBlue
11-22-2008, 02:40 PM
Sideline mic picks up ol Butch humming this oldie but goodie (http://www.mamarocks.com/rocky_top.htm)

sandinmyshoes
11-22-2008, 02:41 PM
Now it's a rout thanks to 4 or 5 turnovers by UNC. I hope this puts the UNC team into a funk rather than making them spitting mad when we play them.

Cell-R
11-22-2008, 02:58 PM
Hopefully we can get some pointers from NC State and help UNC start a nice losing streak :p

I think it's bad though when your own fans boo your QB. Ya know the QB that wasn't supposed to start. The one that stepped in and led UNC to a pretty dang good season?

throatybeard
11-22-2008, 03:03 PM
Long review overturns UNC fumble.

Next play, State intercepts. I love it.

[Wolfie hand gesture]

RelativeWays
11-22-2008, 03:05 PM
This is the worst I've seen UNC look this season. Keep in mind, we were inside the 10 yard line 3 times and only got one field goal, we did have a chance to to win. Failing to score when Eron was down at the one did us in. UNC hasn't been in this game since the 2nd half, yikes.

wilson
11-22-2008, 03:11 PM
Guess this means the 'Pack are our 2008 Big Four champions. Who knew?
Throw in their victory over ECU, and they've got pretty much the entire Old North State on lockdown.

Acymetric
11-22-2008, 03:14 PM
So the commentator complaining about State not just taking a knee. With 2 minutes left? Really? Come on, let the kids play. You can't complain about a team that's done as poorly as State has this year running up the score.

CameronBornAndBred
11-22-2008, 03:16 PM
So the commentator complaining about State not just taking a knee. With 2 minutes left? Really? Come on, let the kids play. You can't complain about a team that's done as poorly as State has this year running up the score.
No kidding, especially in such a huge rivalry. They shoulda gone for 2!

CameronBornAndBred
11-22-2008, 03:17 PM
2 minutes left. One last chance for UNC to turn it over:D

wilson
11-22-2008, 03:17 PM

Plus, it's the heels...never did such a fate befall a better group of guys.

Acymetric
11-22-2008, 03:19 PM
So I didn't get to see most of the game, but did Yates get pulled in favor of Sexton, or is it because its the end of the game and it doesn't matter?

CameronBornAndBred
11-22-2008, 03:20 PM
So I didn't get to see most of the game, but did Yates get pulled in favor of Sexton, or is it because its the end of the game and it doesn't matter?
Little of both, Yates was not good. State fans chanting so loud you can hear it on TV...lol

Acymetric
11-22-2008, 03:21 PM
Little of both. State fans chanting so loud you can hear it on TV...lol

No kidding, glad it wasn't just a problem we had!

Bet that'll get under Butch's skin a little.

Devil in the Blue Dress
11-22-2008, 03:39 PM
Whoa, Nelly! Who would have predicted that Carolina would be taken down by such a margin by a tough State team?

I was reading Calton Tudor's column earlier today and thought he made some good points regarding which quarterback should start for Carolina. Yates may be healed physically, but he wasn't ready for the Woofies who came after him today.

It's now clear that Russell Wilson is a quarterback to watch.

devildeac
11-22-2008, 03:46 PM
Hope the 'pack took a picture of the entire team with the final score on the scoreboard after the final whistle blew:D.

Indoor66
11-22-2008, 03:50 PM
When did the crowd leave Kenan? Was it empty of goat fans by the third quarter?

Kimist
11-22-2008, 04:16 PM
When did the crowd leave Kenan? Was it empty of goat fans by the third quarter?

Excerpt from WRAL - "The Chick-fil-A – which had two representatives at the game - has the second pick, the Gator Bowl the third, and the Champs Sports Bowl in Orlando, Fla., the fourth. The Chick-fil-A was the only bowl with representatives in the press box, and one Chick-fil-A rep said he was all set to go on the radio with Woody Durham after the game – if the Tar Heels won.

Instead, the bowl rep got an early start on his trip back to Atlanta."

k

devildeac
11-22-2008, 04:19 PM
Excerpt from WRAL - "The Chick-fil-A – which had two representatives at the game - has the second pick, the Gator Bowl the third, and the Champs Sports Bowl in Orlando, Fla., the fourth. The Chick-fil-A was the only bowl with representatives in the press box, and one Chick-fil-A rep said he was all set to go on the radio with Woody Durham after the game – if the Tar Heels won.

Instead, the bowl rep got an early start on his trip back to Atlanta."

BWAHAHAHA. Boo-hoo;).

Acymetric
11-22-2008, 04:22 PM
By the way, why do the games on CBS/Raycom seem to have the worst picture quality ever? I mean It looks like they're showing clips from 1983 or something.

Kimist
11-22-2008, 04:26 PM
By the way, why do the games on CBS/Raycom seem to have the worst picture quality ever? I mean It looks like they're showing clips from 1983 or something.

Can't help you there - I was watching today on WRAL HD channel and the picture was fine.....other than too many doggone R Tuesday ads!

k

Acymetric
11-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Can't help you there - I was watching today on WRAL HD channel and the picture was fine.....other than too many doggone R Tuesday ads!

k

The HD picture is great, but the standard channel picture is horrible for sports games on CBS, and always is sit seems, at least for football games. I know they are using equipment set up for HD, but ABC/ESPN/Fox still have good quality video for their standard channels in addition to the HD. Bugs me.

devildeac
11-22-2008, 04:29 PM

I did not watch much of the game, but I was able to see the score just fine;).

PSurprise
11-22-2008, 04:34 PM
I smile inside a little bit every time Carolina loses, even if it's in women's thumbwrestling. And I like to listen to all of my UNC friends try to find excuses. Bring 'em on!

This has brightened my day at work.

davekay1971
11-22-2008, 06:45 PM
Little of both, Yates was not good. State fans chanting so loud you can hear it on TV...lol

That was beautiful. I loved the "Wolf....Pack" chant eching back and forth across an otherwise empty Keenan Stadium. Whoever heard of the Tarhole Fairweather Fans abandoning their turf to the Pack in times of trouble... Oh yeah, there was the time the Wine and Cheese Blue let the Pack fans turn the Dean Dome red during the State-UNC game in Matty Doh's final year.

wilson
11-22-2008, 06:57 PM
To be fair...
There are a lot of things we Duke fans can talk smack about, but other fans' lack of support for underwhelming gridiron performances is one instance in which we should just sit in our glass house and keep our stones to ourselves.

davekay1971
11-22-2008, 06:58 PM
It's now clear that Russell Wilson is a quarterback to watch.

He's improved dramatically over the year. He's always shown the potential to be a star, but now, still in his redshirt frosh year, he's a bonafide star.

BTW, before the game, Got Butch stated quite clearly that this was not a rivalry game for the 'Holes, it was a stepping stone to other things.

Tom O'Brien said it sure as heck was a rivalry game for the Pack.

Hey Butch, now that you're 0-2 against the Pack, and they just emphatically buried your fading ACC championship hopes, is it starting to get that rivalry feel to it?

davekay1971
11-22-2008, 07:00 PM
To be fair...
There are a lot of things we Duke fans can talk smack about, but other fans' lack of support for underwhelming gridiron performances is one instance in which we should just sit in our glass house and keep our stones to ourselves.

Point taken...but for the 'Hole fans its extends to hoops too, which is unforgivable. Did the Pack fans fill up Cameron in Red and White during our 1995 season 'o pain?

wilson
11-22-2008, 07:05 PM
Point taken...but for the 'Hole fans its extends to hoops too, which is unforgivable. Did the Pack fans fill up Cameron in Red and White during our 1995 season 'o pain?

No, but apples and oranges. People in Blue and White can't exactly fill up Cameron by choice either. How are that many State fans actually going to get their hands on the ~6000 available seats in there (literally every one of which belongs to an Iron Duke), as opposed to the more than 3 times that many in the dean dome?

davekay1971
11-22-2008, 10:51 PM
No, but apples and oranges. People in Blue and White can't exactly fill up Cameron by choice either. How are that many State fans actually going to get their hands on the ~6000 available seats in there (literally every one of which belongs to an Iron Duke), as opposed to the more than 3 times that many in the dean dome?

Bottom line: There were an abundance of Carolina ticket holders selling their tickets to State fans for that game. Sorry, but you would never see Duke or State fans doing that. As much as State struggled last year, did you see the Tarhole fans take over the RBC center (and that, compared to the Dean Dome, is apples to apples, my friend).

wilson
11-22-2008, 10:58 PM
Bottom line: There were an abundance of Carolina ticket holders selling their tickets to State fans for that game. Sorry, but you would never see Duke or State fans doing that. As much as State struggled last year, did you see the Tarhole fans take over the RBC center (and that, compared to the Dean Dome, is apples to apples, my friend).

Your point is taken too. All square.

godukecom
11-22-2008, 11:54 PM
I was at the game today. I wore my Duke stuff, under my only NCSU shirt (NCSU XC), under an impartial jacket (it was COLD; they multiple layers were necessary)...

I may have been one of the happiest people there, and I can attest to the fact that kenan empties FAST during a blowout... ;)

moonpie23
11-23-2008, 09:40 AM
ECU: check

Duke: check

Wake: check

UNC: check MATE

wow....

slower
11-23-2008, 10:50 AM
..I can attest to the fact that kenan empties FAST during a blowout... ;)

*insert inappropriate GI (gastrointestinal) analogy here* :D

camion
11-23-2008, 10:54 AM
Well, it is a bowl.

pamtar
11-23-2008, 11:05 AM

I was at the RBC last year when we barely beat State. There was just as much blue as there was red in the stands.

moonpie23
11-23-2008, 09:03 PM
*** crickets *****

Slackerb
11-25-2008, 10:08 AM
I was at that game and maybe, just maybe, you're exaggerating a bit.

Just as much blue as red.....:rolleyes:

Gotta give it to the wulfies for a great game and sticking with that team.