PDA

View Full Version : Best state for college hoops

Dr. Rosenrosen
11-21-2008, 05:11 PM
ESPN has a poll on the front page of the basketball section asking which state is the best for college hoops.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/index

The best part... Kentucky is not even listed! :p

CameronBornAndBred
11-21-2008, 05:23 PM
NC at 72%, no shocker there.

Acymetric
11-21-2008, 05:28 PM
I honestly can't imagine how you could make an argument for any other state, with the possible exception of Florida having those back to back titles recently. Outside of that its been NC for years and years. 4 elite bball schools (though State and Wake haven't been as good recently).

Bluedog
11-21-2008, 05:36 PM
I honestly can't imagine how you could make an argument for any other state, with the possible exception of Florida having those back to back titles recently. Outside of that its been NC for years and years. 4 elite bball schools (though State and Wake haven't been as good recently).

5 elite bball schools if you include Davidson's recent success.

Acymetric
11-21-2008, 05:39 PM
5 elite bball schools if you include Davidson's recent success.

You're right! I completely forgot about them, but I'd say they definitely count. They've always been a good mid-major team, and in recent years (especially with Curry) have been better than most good major conference teams.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/poll/index

There's a poll for which school has the best basketball program if you click the SportsCenter tab on the left. Might want to give Duke a vote there too.

A-Tex Devil
11-21-2008, 05:39 PM
I'm not saying they SHOULD be the best states, and I didn't read link to see if this was current or historic, but Indina, Ohio, California and Kansas and even New York would all have arguments --- historically.

But I agree - either way North Carolina hands down...

dukebluelemur
11-21-2008, 05:49 PM
I don't understand the inclusion of Virginia... is there a school I'm forgetting? To me Kansas, IL, Ohio, Indiana etc all have a better claim.