PDA

View Full Version : Raymond Felton vs Chris Duhon

eddiehaskell
11-21-2008, 12:00 PM
I was just reading up on random players and happen to come across these two. Here are their stats this year...

Duhon/Felton

PPG: 9.5/12.8
APG: 7.2/4.9
RPG: 3.7/2.7
SPG: 1.4/1.3
TO: 1.73/2.50
3P%: .356/.326
PF: 1.6/2.8

Knicks 6-5
Tarcats 3-7

Felton = 5th draft pick
Duhon = 38th draft pick

Their height and weight is the same too.:)

The biggest things that stand out to me is that Duhon is averaging more assist with less turnovers on a team with a winning record.

doctorhook
11-21-2008, 12:19 PM
Not bad for a player who almost all tarholes ridiculed and were convinced Chris would be playing in Europe. Doc

Matches
11-21-2008, 12:43 PM
I'd rather have Duhon on my team. He is steadier at running an offense and makes fewer mistakes. Felton is a better scorer but is really better suited offensively to being a 2-guard in the NBA - only he can't defend the 2.

phaedrus
11-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Felton is a better scorer but is really better suited offensively to being a 2-guard in the NBA - only he can't defend the 2.

That, and most shooting guards can shoot.

Dukeford
11-21-2008, 01:52 PM
Somebody explain to me why Felton was the 5th pick?

Matches
11-21-2008, 01:58 PM
Because he was from UNC and the Bobcats wanted UNC players.

And to be fair, at the time it didn't look like a bad pick. May at 13, now THERE was an obvious reach.

sagegrouse
11-21-2008, 03:06 PM
When they were drated, I thought Felton was a surefire star: he was the fastest player I had ever seen and seemed to have good NBA skills.

I thought that Paul was a good player but a real punk (based on on-court incidents at Duke and NC State). I never thought he would amount to much.

Ah, well.............

sagegrouse

delfrio
11-21-2008, 04:01 PM
Maybe I'm just reading too much into this article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/22/sports/basketball/22knicks.html?ref=basketball

But check out this quote:
"The Knicks will shed five other major salaries over the next two years, with the expiring contracts of Stephon Marbury, Malik Rose, Quentin Richardson, Jerome James and Chris Duhon."

Does this mean there are plans to move Duhon already?

shadowfax336
11-21-2008, 04:04 PM
No it means that Duhon is not necessarily in the long term plans yet. He may end up there, but the Knicks don't want to have anybody more than necessary on the books for 2010 when Lebron becomes free.

tbyers11
11-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Maybe I'm just reading too much into this article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/22/sports/basketball/22knicks.html?ref=basketball

But check out this quote:
"The Knicks will shed five other major salaries over the next two years, with the expiring contracts of Stephon Marbury, Malik Rose, Quentin Richardson, Jerome James and Chris Duhon."

Does this mean there are plans to move Duhon already?

No.

Duhon signed a 2 year, approximately $12 million dollar contract before this year. Therefore, his contract will be off the books in 2 years as the Knicks clear as much room as possible to sign LeBron and possibly Bosh. If he continues to play well the Knicks may want to keep him or he will get a good contract elsewhere, but the Knicks first priority is to clear money for that free agent class.

I don't think the Knicks are currently looking to send Chris anywhere.

[EDIT] yeah, what shadowfax said