PDA

View Full Version : Duke Fan Blogs

A-Tex Devil
11-21-2008, 11:19 AM
There was a post up earlier this morning linking to a somewhat humorous live blog of last night's Duke game and now I can't find it. Did it come down? Didn't get to finish it this morning and was trying to find site.

On that note, are there any humorous, with commentary, Duke blogs on the web? This is not a slight on DBR at all. DBR does a great job and serves a purpose combing together all the main stream media articles about Duke in one place and providing its own brand of commentary, but I'm curious if there is a complimentary blog out there with some humor, in depth fan analysis, etc. There are a TON of college football blogs that offer this (EDSBS, Hey Jenny Slater, Burnt Orange Nation, MGoBlog to name a few - and the best, non-partisan one - Dr. Saturday, f/k/a Sunday Morning QB), but not many for college basketball. And none, that I know of, for Duke. I admittedly don't read every thread on these boards, so maybe I'm missing it, but would love to be pointed to one somewhere. I know these fan blogs can be hit or miss, usually miss, but there is some high quality writing on many of these college football blogs, and I've been disappointed not to see the same for college basketball.

wisteria
11-21-2008, 11:26 AM
dukies.com

Personally I think the two Dukies at dukies.com try to be funny a little too much sometimes. But still, I enjoy reading their blog.

Lord Ash
11-21-2008, 01:51 PM
Here is The Ultimate Lord's blog, which I put up earlier but cannot seem to find either... a decent mix of basketball stuff and just totally random stuff... any time you can get references to Andy Rooney's eyebrows, a historical lesson about the Saluki breed (complete with the obligatory Dwight Schrute reference) and the film "Troy" all in one place, it isn't a bad start. Usually pretty funny, even if it is a touch over the top.

http://theultimatelord.blogspot.com/

He has the second half of last years games as well.

Dukies is funny as well... as for trying to be funny... well, none of these folks are professional (I don't think) so I figure just enjoy it for what it is:)

billyedelin
11-23-2008, 12:05 AM
Hey Duke Fans,

I just launched a college basketball blog, and am doing my best to network and spread the word.

www.searchingforbillyedelin.wordpress.com (www.searchingforbillyedelin.wordpress.com) ... yes as in the forgotten Syracuse guard.

It has a pretty cynical and, hopefully, entertaining tone. Please check it out, and pass it along to others. Make it one of your daily sites you visit as the season gets going.

Thanks