PDA

View Full Version : My prediction: Duke beats UCLA by 15

houstondukie
11-20-2008, 10:53 PM
As I write this UCLA is only up by 3 with 18:00 left in the second half...

But should DUKE play UCLA tomorrow, I think we blow them out. I know we've had some bad moments, but I think we solved a lot of issues against SIU. This team is just too talented and experienced that I find it almost impossible for them not to be successful this season.

Plus, UCLA is overrated I think. I love their guards, but I think we have the inside advantage.

This is a big statement game.

(Would suck if we play MICHIGAN twice in one season instead of UCLA)

weezie
11-20-2008, 11:01 PM
I'm with you, we win but it's very tight until the last 6 minutes of the game. Another fast-paced game that will likely be neck and neck most of the way.
Collison=yikes.

camion
11-20-2008, 11:01 PM
But, but, but...

We have no inside game. Steve Lavin said so.

Exiled_Devil
11-20-2008, 11:06 PM
But, but, but...

We have no inside game. Steve Lavin said so.

I caught that on the post game. Whaaaa? I never liked Lavin as a coach, and think he adds very little as a studio guy for ESPN.

CameronBornAndBred
11-20-2008, 11:08 PM
It will not shock me if they don't. They have been another team that has been less than impressive early on. And they are currently losing to Michigan, by 4.

heyman25
11-20-2008, 11:10 PM
At least we will have a good scouting report whoever we play. I hope our team can play well for 40 minutes not 20

CameronCrazy'11
11-20-2008, 11:13 PM
hm...this thread may be a moot point. this game is a tossup at the moment.

mr. synellinden
11-20-2008, 11:18 PM
It does not shock me that they are struggling this season. Kevin Love was what made UCLA great last year, and without him they were an average team.

Collison gets a lot of attention and notoriety, but I don't think he was even their best point guard last year - Westbrook was. He's gone too and so is Mbah a Moute. They have a great freshman class but no front court and no outside shooting. UCLA is ranked in the top 5 on reputation only.

By the way, that doesn't mean I don't think they can beat us (assuming they get past Michigan). It just means I think they are very overrated at #4 and will not stay that high for long. They have one of the best coaches in the country and will always play great defense. But they are going to really struggle offensively this year. Even last year with Love, Westbrook and Mbah a Moute they struggled when they couldn't hit outside shots and teams could double on Love. Look at what Memphis did to Love with their big men - and they couldn't hit from the outside and got blown out.

weezie
11-20-2008, 11:32 PM
Well, I guess that's why I don't get paid for my sports opinions!

Kedsy
11-20-2008, 11:43 PM
Someone needs to change the title of this thread.

Acymetric
11-20-2008, 11:44 PM
Someone needs to change the title of this thread.

No, I think we better hold on to it. We could revisit it if by some crazy series of events we end up playing UCLA in the postseason...

ice-9
11-20-2008, 11:48 PM
Bad luck... Wins against UCLA and Michigan would look better than two wins against just Michigan.

UCLA may have started slow but by season's end they'll be a good team.

CameronBornAndBred
11-20-2008, 11:49 PM
Speaking of betting, wonder how the bookies in Vegas are feeling about that game. I'm not a better, but I'm line curious. What was it for UCLA-UM?

CameronBornAndBred
11-20-2008, 11:50 PM
UCLA may have started slow but by season's end they'll be a good team.
But not a top 10 team.

ice-9
11-20-2008, 11:56 PM
Maybe not top 10, but certainly top 25 by season end. The only two tough games UCLA has is Texas and Notre Dame -- the Pac 10 is extremely weak this year (USC just lost to Seton Hall). UCLA could very well run the table in-conference and end up with a gaudy record going into the NCAA tourney. If UCLA can split Texas and Notre Dame they have a shot at getting a top 3 seed.

It would've looked good if we had been one of the teams to have beaten them... Oh well, onto Michigan!