PDA

View Full Version : A Quiz- See If You Know The Answers

NYC Duke Fan
03-31-2007, 09:13 AM
Three Questions:

1- Since its inception in 1961 how many players have won back to back POYs. name them ?

2- True or False. Coach K has never won Coach Of The Year Honors

3- Which school has the most number of POYs ?

DO NOT LOOK UP THE ANSWERS- SEE IF YOU KNOW THEM !!!

throatybeard
03-31-2007, 09:20 AM
Three Questions:

1- Since its inception in 1961 how many players have won back to back POYs. name them ?

2- True or False. Coach K has never won Coach Of The Year Honors

3- Which school has the most number of POYs ?

DO NOT LOOK UP THE ANSWERS- SEE IF YOU KNOW THEM !!!

Who the heck knows--it's hard to answer because these are flawed questions.

1 - Not only does "its" has no antecedent in your question, there are now a bunch of different national POY awards. The same player does not always sweep them in a given year. Same goes for question 3. And I guess you mean national POY awards, but you didn't specify that, either.

2 - Coach of the year honors from whom? NABC? AP? UPI?

NYC Duke Fan
03-31-2007, 09:23 AM
You are correct. I was referring to AP Player of The Year and AP Coach of The Year.

Sorry

throatybeard
03-31-2007, 12:14 PM
OK, this is totally off the top of my posterior, but I would guess:

1: Alcindor, Walton, Sampson.

2: True

3: Duke (again guessing: Ferry, Laettner, Brand, Battier).

Gozza
03-31-2007, 12:31 PM
1) Alcindor, Walton, Ewing

2) Yes

3) UCLA

pfrduke
03-31-2007, 01:09 PM
Using Naismiths to answer #3 (changing the question, I know), Duke definitely leads, as I believe we have 7 - Dawkins, Ferry, Laettner, Brand, Battier, Williams, Redick.

Ferry and Dawkins didn't win the Wooden, but the rest did, as far as I recall.

As for who won the AP awards, you've got me. But I'd think at least Brand, Laettner, Battier, and Williams are shoo-ins. I thought Brand swept, and Battier swept all but one, which was won by Jason. I think Jason swept, and I'd assume Laettner swept, but I'm not 100% on either. The AP could have given it to Morrison, Elliott, and Berry (the last two are Wooden winners) in the Redick, Ferry, and Dawkins years, respectively.

CameronBlue
03-31-2007, 01:56 PM
1. Alcindor (either 68-69 or 67-69), Sampson (3 times, 79-81), Walton (72-73), Thompson (74-75)

2. True?

3. Duke Brand, Williams, Battier, Redick, Laettner, Heyman, pretty sure Ferry did not, nor did JD.

NYC Duke Fan
03-31-2007, 03:26 PM
Alcinder never back to back AP player of the year. Jerry Lucas was the fourth who did.