PDA

View Full Version : Josh

mjones723
03-01-2007, 12:32 AM
The guy is just not a very good scorer of the basketball. He can get to the basket at will, but just seems to lack the talent to put the ball in the hoop. If he had Hansbrough's ability to score the ball, he would be a first team all america.

I think he is a good/very good overall player, but it's just so frustrating. He needs to work on a go to move all summer long.

VaDukie
03-01-2007, 12:37 AM
The question is, Will Josh be working on his post move in the NBA Summer League?

I certainly don't think he's ready, but who knows.

mjones723
03-01-2007, 12:44 AM
It may be best for him to go now. Although i would love his rebounding, handle, and hopefully improved leadership next year. It would be nice to get Patterson...

bhd28
03-01-2007, 01:00 AM
Have you watched Patterson? I have seen him play 3 times. He looks like an athletic kid... with some talent, but his offense isn't very developed. He typically scores off of dunks from feeds by OJ or from offensive rebound/putbacks. Expecting him to be an offensive post-presence next year is probably a bit much. If Josh gets to actually work-out this summer and work on postmoves (rather than rehab) then he should be a WAY more reasonable offensive post option.

The talk about Josh going pro because his 'stock' could go down is just silly (IMHO). He won't look worse offensively next year after a chance to actually work on his post game. He also won't face the deep draft of this year. Finally, Josh getting drafted 15th or 20th isn't really that big of a deal. What will determine his success is his drive to improve his game and if he ends up in the 'right' situation on a team. If he improves over the summer, his stock will be higher next year. I can't imagine that not happening.

mjones723
03-01-2007, 01:40 AM
Regarding Patterson, i'm just saying without him and Josh, our frontcourt would be a bit thin in the skin next year.