PDA

View Full Version : Some football notes

jimsumner
11-18-2008, 02:04 PM
Thad is still listed as day-to-day. But he did not practice today. Asack practiced with the first team, Capetto with the second team. We'll know more officially Thursday but reading between the lines, I would expect to see Asack at QB Saturday.

Asack certainly seems to think so. Says all the right things and seems genuinely excited for the opportunity. I'm rooting for him.

Sam Poggi and Eddie Morgan suspended for Saturday for failure to adhere to program standards regarding class attendance and promptness. Sounds like it was written by a lawyer.

Harris out Saturday. Broken arms will do that. That leaves Hollingsworth and Jackson. Robinson working at RB and Cameron Jones will make the trip.

Marshall is banged up. Not sure about Saturday. With Wright and Morgan out, Duke is looking thin at DB.

Duke will NOT burn any redshirts this late in the season. Forget those Renfree-riding-to-the-rescue-fantasies.

Team was down Sunday but had good practice today.

OZZIE4DUKE
11-18-2008, 03:11 PM
Duke will NOT burn any redshirts this late in the season. Forget those Renfree-riding-to-the-rescue-fantasies.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Common sense prevails.

And now I re-instate my 2002nd post.

DU82
11-18-2008, 05:59 PM
Thad is still listed as day-to-day. But he did not practice today. Asack practiced with the first team, Capetto with the second team. We'll know more officially Thursday but reading between the lines, I would expect to see Asack at QB Saturday.

Has Capetto played any downs at all in his career? I know he's signaled in plays for at least the last two seasons. I hope he does get to play at least one play, hopefully in a Duke blowout of the Evil Ones after Thanksgiving.

chrishoke
11-18-2008, 07:38 PM
Thanks Jim. I think Asack will play much better this week.

RelativeWays
11-18-2008, 07:54 PM
I hope our boys put up a fight against against VT, though I'll admit I'm prepared for the worst loss of the season. You can't help but wonder how this team's attitude and morale would have been different if we could have beaten WFU. I kinda hate them now.

wolfpackdevil
11-18-2008, 07:56 PM
The team is looking very beat up, but I think they still have a chance at beating VT.

Just by guess, were not going to get much offensive production so our defense has to be superb. If our guys can step up on D, and the offense make some good plays we could get a W.

And just a though, a win at VT, makes the UNC game, the game for bowl eligibility.

Would'nt that be sweeeeet?