PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Clone Wars TV show

CameronBornAndBred
11-17-2008, 11:39 PM
I didn't go see the movie in the theaters, I knew I'd be bummed, so I let Jason "went and suffered for me" Evans take care of it, his review did nothing to inspire me to run right out. I still haven't gotten it on DVD, but I will.
But I have become a fan of the TV show. The animation is great, and excellent for TV. Somebody has put some effort into the production value of this show. But most important, it's been really engaging. I've gotten sucked into the stories, and look forward to each week's new entry. The movie Star Wars (IV) paid homage to so many formats of storytelling that Lucas grew up with. The western, the gangster flick, the epoch struggle of rebellion. And this show goes back to Lucas' original roots of seeing these tales told week after week in the form of a serial. I love it. Each episode ends with basically "tune in next week to see your hero do something cool in the face of peril!"

This coming Friday is the big test of tolerance for me. They have JAR-JAR back, sigh. And it looks like he talks, ALOT. But up until this Friday, I can say this show has been a surprising winner for me. If Jar-Jar stays around, I might just go buy the DVD and watch it until they go with a new story line.

DukeUsul
11-18-2008, 08:58 AM
I was pretty disappointed in the Clone Wars mini-episodes they ran between AOTC and ROTS coming out in theaters (I was moderately disappointed in AOTC but actually thought ROTS wasn't too bad - apart from a few poorly acted scenes). So I never went to go see the Clone Wars movie and wasn't planning on watching the shows.....I'm glad to hear you think they're good.

This reminds me of the scene in "The Big Bang Theory" epsidoe last night. Sheldon refuses to watch the Clone Wars TV series that his friends want to watch because he hasn't seen the Clone Wars movie yet. Sheldon's reasoning: "I want to be disappointed in the order George Lucas intended."

That had me cracking up.

CLT Devil
11-18-2008, 10:12 AM
What day,channel and time does it air?

CameronBornAndBred
11-18-2008, 10:23 AM
What day,channel and time does it air?
Cartoon Network, Friday nights at 9PM. They also air the same episode different days, but I'm not sure when. You can watch a full episode here. (http://theclonewars.cartoonnetwork.com/)

CLT Devil
11-18-2008, 06:11 PM
Thanks bud! Have been a fan of the series since a kid, will see if I can get into this.

94duke
07-20-2018, 10:40 AM
Return of the Clone Wars!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI7WyhWZkzk

CameronBornAndBred
07-20-2018, 10:46 AM
Squeeeeeeee!!!!! Happy to see they are giving the series the closure it needs.

94duke
07-20-2018, 10:59 AM
Squeeeeeeee!!!!! Happy to see they are giving the series the closure it needs.

As much as the de facto ending was clearly cut short, I thought it was an unintentionally brilliant "ending" to the series.

CameronBornAndBred
07-20-2018, 11:05 AM
As much as the de facto ending was clearly cut short, I thought it was an unintentionally brilliant "ending" to the series.

It worked, but I'm looking forward to seeing an ending that Filoni wants to give it. His handling of bringing Rebels to closure was brilliant.

94duke
07-20-2018, 11:26 AM
It worked, but I'm looking forward to seeing an ending that Filoni wants to give it. His handling of bringing Rebels to closure was brilliant.

It really was. Rebels is right up there with Force Awakens and Rogue One, maybe better. It is certainly more emotional.

pfrduke
07-20-2018, 03:50 PM
Is Clone Wars available streaming somewhere?

CameronBornAndBred
07-20-2018, 10:03 PM
Is Clone Wars available streaming somewhere?

Netflix had it. I think they still do. I might have to do at least a 2 season revisit.

CameronBornAndBred
01-22-2020, 10:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLW2jkd6E7g

:D:D:D

fuse
01-22-2020, 09:53 PM
Irrationally excited about new episodes.

While I really enjoy the Darth Maul character, we know his arc and I thought it was well done. Not sure we need more (hope I am wrong).

Ashoka on the other hand, lots of open questions.

MulletMan
01-27-2020, 02:11 PM
Irrationally excited about new episodes.

While I really enjoy the Darth Maul character, we know his arc and I thought it was well done. Not sure we need more (hope I am wrong).

Ashoka on the other hand, lots of open questions.

Clearly Disney was intelligent here and listened to what I can only assume is the fascination with Ashoka's unfinished story line. We all kind of have a pretty good idea of what happens to Anakin and Obi Wan, but Ashoka's breif stint in Rebels and her role in that chapter really left a whole lot of unanswered questions that I can only think will play a part in her sub-story in this last season of Clone Wars. When Rebels ended, our entire family was hoping that Disney was going to give us an Ashoka movie. Perhaps this is a prelude.

(Also, if you haven't seen Rebels, you should. If the last season of that show doesn't give you all the feels, well then you're just dead inside.)

Acymetric
03-20-2020, 05:07 PM
Just decided to start watching the new season. First 4 episodes were nice, but not especially so because I'm just not super into the clones, and those episodes were clone heavy. The most recent episode was solid, and hopefully a sign of things to come (trying to keep this mostly spoiler free since the episode just dropped).

CameronBornAndBred
03-20-2020, 11:19 PM
Just decided to start watching the new season. First 4 episodes were nice, but not especially so because I'm just not super into the clones, and those episodes were clone heavy. The most recent episode was solid, and hopefully a sign of things to come (trying to keep this mostly spoiler free since the episode just dropped).

It took me a bit to get into The Bad Batch arc, but I liked it by the time it wrapped up. That story line was one that Filoni had planned to run back in one of the older seasons, but for whatever reason it didn't happen. I'm glad it made it to the screen.
Agree on the one that is out today, it was solid. I'm wondering if it will be a stand-alone or part of a story involving the two newest character introductions.
I was tempted to wait til next weekend to watch, since for me it's nice to have a full hour to pay attention to, but curiosity and boredom got to me.

A-Tex Devil
03-21-2020, 12:36 AM
Speaking of Ashoka, apparently Rosario Dawson will play her in Mandalorian.

Acymetric
03-21-2020, 11:08 AM
Speaking of Ashoka, apparently Rosario Dawson will play her in Mandalorian.

I saw that...felt like a significant spoiler alert for it to be announced, but maybe that kind of thing just can't be locked down any more?

It took me a bit to get into The Bad Batch arc, but I liked it by the time it wrapped up. That story line was one that Filoni had planned to run back in one of the older seasons, but for whatever reason it didn't happen. I'm glad it made it to the screen.
Agree on the one that is out today, it was solid. I'm wondering if it will be a stand-alone or part of a story involving the two newest character introductions.
I was tempted to wait til next weekend to watch, since for me it's nice to have a full hour to pay attention to, but curiosity and boredom got to me.

Agreed, I thought the resolution was pretty good. I guess I just probably didn't need a full 4 episodes of it (since we're only getting 12), but the clones are super popular with other people so I get it.

ncexnyc
03-21-2020, 01:38 PM
Since there's no longer any sports, I guess I can cancel my Sling subscription and sign-up for Disney+.

CameronBornAndBred
04-18-2020, 03:38 PM
Watched Old Friends Not Forgotten last night.

This show is going to go out in a special way; I have a renewed confidence of that. The Bad Batch beginning was one that has been in the wheel house for a long time, and it was ok. The Martez sister arc started out promising, but ultimately, meh. However, it led perfectly into Maul and Bo-Katan.
And here we are. There is something special about the last four 30 minute episodes of this show; I can feel it. It's made apparent from the opening credits. I'm hoping beyond hope that these last 4 stitched together will be an intense stand alone SW experience.

PS...(Spoiler..) we likely saw the last time that Ahsoka and Anakin see each other until Rebels.

BD80
04-18-2020, 03:46 PM
Since there's no longer any sports, I guess I can cancel my Sling subscription and sign-up for Disney+.

I admit I was regretting taking advantage of the great Disney+ deal last fall, something like $50 for 2 years. I didn't get ESPN, and I was missing some Duke games.

I'm feeling better about the decision now.

I did back down my CBS All Access once I finished "Picard."

fuse
04-18-2020, 04:13 PM

This show is going to go out in a special way; I have a renewed confidence of that. The Bad Batch beginning was one that has been in the wheel house for a long time, and it was ok. The Martez sister arc started out promising, but ultimately, meh. However, it led perfectly into Maul and Bo-Katan.
And here we are. There is something special about the last four 30 minute episodes of this show; I can feel it. It's made apparent from the opening credits. I'm hoping beyond hope that these last 4 stitched together will be an intense stand alone SW experience.

PS...(Spoiler..) we likely saw the last time that Ahsoka and Anakin see each other until Rebels.

The only real shame about going back to the Darth Maul well is we know how his story ends, and that ending was almost perfect.

I’m completely onboard with more Ashoka.

My hope is there is a link between the end of Clone Wars and the dark sabre appearing in the Mandalorian.

Acymetric
04-18-2020, 05:18 PM

Yeah, I'll be honest. By the end of the Martez sister arc I hated both of them. Just two awful characters, with some of the worst hair designs for characters I've ever seen to boot. This most recent episode was much better.

Spoilerizing just to be safe.
I'm not 100% confident in that, because leaving things off the way they are as of this episode kind of undermines their "reunion" later. That moment felt a lot stronger with the way Ahsoka left previously. I think there needs to at least be some additional conversation between them to make that Rebels scene hold up.

fuse
04-18-2020, 05:31 PM
Yeah, I'll be honest. By the end of the Martez sister arc I hated both of them. Just two awful characters, with some of the worst hair designs for characters I've ever seen to boot. This most recent episode was much better.

Spoilerizing just to be safe.
I'm not 100% confident in that, because leaving things off the way they are as of this episode kind of undermines their "reunion" later. That moment felt a lot stronger with the way Ahsoka left previously. I think there needs to at least be some additional conversation between them to make that Rebels scene hold up.

My son felt the same way about the sisters.

While the story arc was not great, it did reinforce the angle that the Jedi were not entirely altruistic or provide universally good outcomes.

Another reason why Disney could do an entire series on Coruscant and the different levels, and while I have not seen it, maybe Netflix beat Disney+ to it with the Netflix movie The Platform.

acdevil
04-18-2020, 07:18 PM
I got excited when I saw the revised opening. Hope the last three live up to expectations.

Acymetric
04-18-2020, 07:44 PM
Oh, I also meant to ask, why did Ahsoka's lightsabers suddenly change colors?

CameronBornAndBred
04-19-2020, 10:28 AM
Oh, I also meant to ask, why did Ahsoka's lightsabers suddenly change colors?

Anakin suped them up, thus they've turned blue.

tbyers11
04-19-2020, 10:56 AM
The only real shame about going back to the Darth Maul well is we know how his story ends, and that ending was almost perfect.

I’m completely onboard with more Ashoka.

My hope is there is a link between the end of Clone Wars and the dark sabre appearing in the Mandalorian.

Have you watched Rebels? The dark saber appears prominently in season 3 and season 4. Doesn't explain how it ends up where it does in Mandalorian, though.

Have any of you read Ahsoka by E.K. Johnston? It fills in what happens to Ahsoka between the end of her Clone Wars arc and her appearance in Rebels.

I really hope that Ahsoka's appearance in the Mandalorian and her potential solo spinoff would focus on her storyline from Rebels. Trying to keep it vague in case you haven't watched Rebels.

I will also echo MulletMan that you should watch Rebels if you haven't. Definitely worth it.

Acymetric
04-19-2020, 12:34 PM
Have you watched Rebels? The dark saber appears prominently in season 3 and season 4. Doesn't explain how it ends up where it does in Mandalorian, though.

Have any of you read Ahsoka by E.K. Johnston? It fills in what happens to Ahsoka between the end of her Clone Wars arc and her appearance in Rebels.

I really hope that Ahsoka's appearance in the Mandalorian and her potential solo spinoff would focus on her storyline from Rebels. Trying to keep it vague in case you haven't watched Rebels.

I will also echo MulletMan that you should watch Rebels if you haven't. Definitely worth it.

I'll third the Rebels recommendation. Personally I would say it is somewhere between 2 and 4 times as good as Clone Wars.

acdevil
04-19-2020, 01:14 PM
Rebels is great. Tried to watchResistance but it was pretty weak. Was very disappointing after Clone Wars and Rebels.

Acymetric
04-19-2020, 01:29 PM
Rebels is great. Tried to watchResistance but it was pretty weak. Was very disappointing after Clone Wars and Rebels.

I've heard the same, and that plus my feelings about parts of the sequel trilogy have kept me from checking it out.

CameronBornAndBred
04-19-2020, 03:03 PM

Resistance was way more driven towards kids, and it suffered for it. Neeku runs a strong second behind Jar Jar for me as the most annoying character in SW canon.

acdevil
04-19-2020, 03:09 PM
Resistance was way more driven towards kids, and it suffered for it. Neeku runs a strong second behind Jar Jar for me as the most annoying character in SW canon.

You’re right about Neeku. Kaz is easily the worst protagonist in the canon as well. I only made it through Season 1 and decided to pass on Season 2 - which I rarely ever do. It’s that bad.

fuse
04-24-2020, 08:34 PM
Tonight’s episode was 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

CameronBornAndBred
04-24-2020, 10:43 PM
Tonight’s episode was ����������

Sooooo hot!!!

I noticed in the credits that Ahsoka and Maul both had two actors credited. That means they used motion capture for their duel...and that Ray Park was back in his role. Awesome!

I was thinking that the last four episodes would lead up to the events in Ep III, but with Kenobi saying that Anakin had killed Count Duku (Have to spell it that way to avoid the DBR triggers, lol), the two stories are on a parallel timeline. So cool.

Chicago 1995
04-25-2020, 12:11 AM
Tonight’s episode was absolutely incredible. As good as anything Star Wars has produced in a long, long time. Can’t wait for the last two episodes, even if we are going to see Order 66.

Acymetric
04-25-2020, 01:43 PM
That was awesome​. After the last two episodes come out I'm going to need to go back and watch the relevant Rebels episodes.

I hope eventually someone puts together some kind of Anakin/Ahsoka arc watch list together for Clone Wars.

acdevil
04-25-2020, 10:51 PM
Just watched it. Wow. Loved the lightsaber battle between Asohka and Mail.

Last two episodes should be sweet.

CameronBornAndBred
04-26-2020, 12:20 AM
Tonight’s episode was absolutely incredible. As good as anything Star Wars has produced in a long, long time. Can’t wait for the last two episodes, even if we are going to see Order 66.

So...I don't see how we won't see Order 66. That's now inevitable. And actually really welcomed, because that was like the biggest WTF moment in SW canon, with no explanation, and now we may get some...BUT...
I'm really looking forward to seeing not only how Ahsoka (I'm a watcher, not a reader, so beyond snippets I've really no idea of her life between now and Rebels) and Rex get out. Obviously, they both do. In a way, right now, I'm more intrigued by Rex's story than Ahsoka's. We know they both live, but in a really big way, Rex is the mystery.
How does he avoid Order 66? We're gonna find out, and really soon. I'm guessing he plays a big part in Ahsoka going underground, too.
I have not watched Rebels since the series finale, but I am dying to start again...just to see how Filoni has stitched these story lines together.

CameronBornAndBred
04-26-2020, 12:27 AM
because that was like the biggest WTF moment in SW canon, with no explanation, and now we may get some...

Just to reiterate. I'm a watcher, not a reader. Not into the novels, the comics, whatever. So we got dregged through three movies that really sucked, and one of THE MOST pivotal moments in all of Star Wars legacy lands with "Execute Order 66", and pew pew pew, all the Jedi are dead.
No explanation. Just pew pew pew, yer toast.
So, in the last two episodes of Clone Wars, I'm really hoping that we get at least something from the Clones that have to pull the trigger, and from those that fight against it.

Acymetric
04-26-2020, 08:45 AM
So...I don't see how we won't see Order 66. That's now inevitable. And actually really welcomed, because that was like the biggest WTF moment in SW canon, with no explanation, and now we may get some...BUT...
I'm really looking forward to seeing not only how Ahsoka (I'm a watcher, not a reader, so beyond snippets I've really no idea of her life between now and Rebels) and Rex get out. Obviously, they both do. In a way, right now, I'm more intrigued by Rex's story than Ahsoka's. We know they both live, but in a really big way, Rex is the mystery.
How does he avoid Order 66? We're gonna find out, and really soon. I'm guessing he plays a big part in Ahsoka going underground, too.
I have not watched Rebels since the series finale, but I am dying to start again...just to see how Filoni has stitched these story lines together.

Just to reiterate. I'm a watcher, not a reader. Not into the novels, the comics, whatever. So we got dregged through three movies that really sucked, and one of THE MOST pivotal moments in all of Star Wars legacy lands with "Execute Order 66", and pew pew pew, all the Jedi are dead.
No explanation. Just pew pew pew, yer toast.
So, in the last two episodes of Clone Wars, I'm really hoping that we get at least something from the Clones that have to pull the trigger, and from those that fight against it.

I agree that we will see Order 66 at least in part, but it won't be the first time (we saw it in action at the end of Revenge of the Sith). Various Clone Wars and Rebels episodes set up how this is possible...what part of it do you see as unexplained? To refresh your memory you might want to rewatch the Rebels episode "The Lost Commanders" which pretty much explained all of this, especially with regards to Rex. I only bring this up to possibly adjust your expectations, you might not get some of what you're expecting because the questions had already been answered in Clone Wars and Rebels (although we might actually get to see it this time instead of just hearing the characters say what happened).

(Spoilers from Clone Wars and Rebels only, I don't read the books either)
Order 66 was possible because of the control chips in the clones' heads. Rex (and some others) had discovered and removed their control chips, which was also explored earlier in Clone Wars, thus were unaffected by Order 66 when Palps triggered the command chips for the order to be executed. If the question is why wasn't he killed, Order 66 was to kill Jedi, not clones.

CameronBornAndBred
04-26-2020, 09:11 AM
I agree that we will see Order 66 at least in part, but it won't be the first time (we saw it in action at the end of Revenge of the Sith). Various Clone Wars and Rebels episodes set up how this is possible...what part of it do you see as unexplained? To refresh your memory you might want to rewatch the Rebels episode "The Lost Commanders" which pretty much explained all of this, especially with regards to Rex. I only bring this up to possibly adjust your expectations, you might not get some of what you're expecting because the questions had already been answered in Clone Wars and Rebels (although we might actually get to see it this time instead of just hearing the characters say what happened).

(Spoilers from Clone Wars and Rebels only, I don't read the books either)
Order 66 was possible because of the control chips in the clones' heads. Rex (and some others) had discovered and removed their control chips, which was also explored earlier in Clone Wars, thus were unaffected by Order 66 when Palps triggered the command chips for the order to be executed. If the question is why wasn't he killed, Order 66 was to kill Jedi, not clones.

It's been explained since Ep III, but in that movie, it was just BLAM, yer all dead. I am looking forward to seeing it covered more, in the moment, from the perspective of the Clones that are pulling the triggers.

CameronBornAndBred
04-26-2020, 04:19 PM
PS...Rex and the other two clones that show up with him in Rebels still have their chips as of this last episode. Totally looking forward to seeing why they decide to take them out, and to seeing how they do it. Getting Fives' chip out nearly killed him. (Of course, it basically did, since Palpatine wasn't going to let him live.)

Chicago 1995
04-27-2020, 12:28 PM
PS...Rex and the other two clones that show up with him in Rebels still have their chips as of this last episode. Totally looking forward to seeing why they decide to take them out, and to seeing how they do it. Getting Fives' chip out nearly killed him. (Of course, it basically did, since Palpatine wasn't going to let him live.)

Tie timeline is getting pretty tight -- and they need to get Rex, Gregor and Wolffe together so they can decide to take the chips out. Unless it happened off screen and hasn't been referenced since Fives started investigating the chips.

Would Ahsoka be in danger because of Order 66? She's left the Jedi Order of her own accord. She's not a Jedi. (Note, also just a watcher, not a reader.)

Acymetric
05-01-2020, 10:03 PM
Argh! I knew I should have waited until next week to watch the last two episodes back to back...another strong episode, can't wait for the finale.

CameronBornAndBred
05-01-2020, 10:47 PM
Argh! I knew I should have waited until next week to watch the last two episodes back to back...another strong episode, can't wait for the finale.

I loved the score in this one, so different than they've ever used before.

acdevil
05-01-2020, 11:00 PM
Wow. Just wow.

fuse
05-02-2020, 03:14 PM
Sniff, remind me why the series has to end?

Mildly off topic, for those with Disney+, Rise of Skywalker will be available Monday, May 4th.

May the 4th be with you! 😂

fuse
05-04-2020, 12:53 PM
Watched the last episode.

Maybe not so much disappointing as much as I had hoped for more.

No spoilers, the closing moments were pretty good.

CameronBornAndBred
05-04-2020, 02:39 PM
If you need a last episode written for your series, call Dave Filoni. He nailed it with the end of Rebels, and he nailed it for Clone Wars, too.

fuse
05-04-2020, 02:42 PM
If you need a last episode written for your series, call Dave Filoni. He nailed it with the end of Rebels, and he nailed it for Clone Wars, too.

If you consider the last 4 episodes the end, I’d agree. I agree Rebels ended well.

Other than the closing scenes/moments and maybe 2 or 3 others, the final episode was weaker than the preceding three.

CameronBornAndBred
05-04-2020, 02:48 PM
If you consider the last 4 episodes the end, I’d agree. I agree Rebels ended well.

Other than the closing scenes/moments and maybe 2 or 3 others, the final episode was weaker than the preceding three.

It was different, but I wouldn't say weaker. It didn't really need a whole story to go with it; it was mostly an emotional goodbye that made great use of the score and visuals.

Spoiler...
The Vader cameo was great, but seeing the shadow of the Morai flying above was perfect.

CameronBornAndBred
05-04-2020, 04:08 PM

PS...that had to be one the best escape sequences in Star Wars history, and there's been quite a few.

acdevil
05-04-2020, 05:15 PM
Just finished the last episode. Pretty good. Was hoping for a bit more, but can’t really complain.

The best thing about the series for me is that I remember how much I hated Ahsoka at the beginning. She was just annoying. What a great job of story telling to get her where she was by the end.

Acymetric
05-04-2020, 09:47 PM
Wow. I partly agree with those who said they were expecting a little more, but that ending sure was something. Treat this 4 episode arc like a movie and it is probably in the top 5 of Star Wars films. Kind of disappointed it is over.

Just finished the last episode. Pretty good. Was hoping for a bit more, but can’t really complain.

The best thing about the series for me is that I remember how much I hated Ahsoka at the beginning. She was just annoying. What a great job of story telling to get her where she was by the end.

Fully agreed. I got into the TV show several years after it aired, and initially could not understand for the life of me why Ahsoka was so popular. I would be very interested in an Ahsoka standalone movie or miniseries.

pfrduke
12-17-2020, 05:41 PM
Wow. I partly agree with those who said they were expecting a little more, but that ending sure was something. Treat this 4 episode arc like a movie and it is probably in the top 5 of Star Wars films. Kind of disappointed it is over.

I finally finished Season 7 of Clone Wars several months late, and really loved the final four episodes. I completely agree with the comment above, but would be even more bullish - the last 4 episodes, as a movie, would be the best Star Wars movie since the original trilogy (and I think I definitely benefited by being able to watch all 4 episodes more or less together, rather than over a span of several weeks). All of the action on Mandalore was tense, exciting, and cinematic in scope and then shrinking everything down to the bottle of the ship back to Coruscant for the last episodes let Ahsoka really shine.

CameronBornAndBred
04-07-2021, 10:41 AM
Way back when I created this thread, I should have called it The Clone Wars TV show. Disney + has now brought in the actual "Clone Wars" show, which I never watched, and it's great!

It's a compilation of three seasons of shorts that The Cartoon Network had done. I wish I had watched it back then, because it would have helped understand what was going on at the opening of Revenge of the Sith. Unlike THE Clone Wars, which retroactively filled in the blanks, Clone Wars did it in real time, between Episodes II and III. The show introduces us to General Grievous, who makes lots more sense in the movie after watching the show. (That also applies to him in The Clone Wars, but since that show is retroactive, it doesn't have the same impact.) Another character we get is Asajj Ventress, who really gets under Anakin's skin.
Speaking of Anakin, in this show, he is still a padawan at the beginning, so we see him actually get knighted.

Since Disney wound up taking over Star Wars, Clone Wars got kicked to the curb as far as canon goes, but since it ties directly into Episode III, parts of it and some of the characters remained. (Such as the capture of Palpatine by Grievous, the plot behind it, and the Jedi who were assigned to protect him.) Ventress was so great that she was rebooted for the the second Clone Wars series, and other elements show up later as well. Several of the voice actors went on to the second series, some of them reviving their original roles.

Anyway, if you haven't seen it, check it out. They divided all the episodes up into two hour long parts. Lots of fun! (And great use of the animation, lots of the story is told only through the use of imagery without tons of dialogue.)

acdevil
04-07-2021, 04:15 PM
Just finished the first one. Good stuff (not as good as The Clone Wars series though)

CameronBornAndBred
04-07-2021, 05:52 PM
Just finished the first one. Good stuff (not as good as The Clone Wars series though)

I agree with that, but I appreciate the difference, and the fact that without this one the second one would likely not have even existed. I've not ever watched Samurai Jack; I might have to go check it out. Same animator/style.

acdevil
05-07-2021, 07:56 PM
Anyone start watching the Bad Batch yet on Disney+? Was Wondering if it’s any good.

OldPhiKap
05-07-2021, 08:37 PM
Anyone start watching the Bad Batch yet on Disney+? Was Wondering if it’s any good.

Curious m’self.

CameronBornAndBred
05-07-2021, 09:31 PM

Curious m’self.

I really enjoyed it overall, especially for a 1st episode. (Aside from their intro arc in Clone Wars)

Making the first one a long episode helped; by the end of it you were pretty familiar with each of the prime characters, both good and bad guys. (And girls)

I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes. Without being too spoilerish, I predict that the new character, Omega, is going to become a fan favorite over the next few seasons and have an impact upon the Star Wars universe much in the same way that Ahsoka did after her first introduction.

CameronBornAndBred
06-20-2021, 11:25 AM
Anyone been watching? I've been enjoying it so far, although it's definitely got The First Season vibe, meaning that we are still learning who these characters are. I'm glad they didn't drag out the inhibitor chip issue. Cid is a enjoyable newbie (and Rhea Perlman is a great voice casting).

Despite the "first season vibe", this week's episiode, Reunion, is one of the best entries into Star Wars since The Mandalorian. The imagery was perfect, the animation was amazing, and it was a total roller coaster up to and including the final scene. That ending got a very fitting score to go along with it as the credits rolled.

Cad Bane is back, baby! (Or should I say, "son"?)

CameronBornAndBred
07-10-2021, 01:49 PM
Ever watched a show that none of the main characters were in? That's basically how the last Bad Batch episode went. I'm totally enjoying the show, by the way, but I don't ever recall an episode of any show making the major characters so minor. That'd be like "The A-Team" showing their classic van doing a drive-by and wave while the rest of the townsfolk become the focus on taking care of the bad guys of the week. The guys were in for all of 3 minutes, and Omega had most of that time.

However, it was still a very cool episode in that we got Hera Syndulla's origin, and even some Chopper mixed in. And of course the way it ended, it sets us up for more Hera next week, and hopefully more Bad Batch than we got this go around.

acdevil
12-13-2021, 07:18 PM
Ever watched a show that none of the main characters were in? That's basically how the last Bad Batch episode went. I'm totally enjoying the show, by the way, but I don't ever recall an episode of any show making the major characters so minor. That'd be like "The A-Team" showing their classic van doing a drive-by and wave while the rest of the townsfolk become the focus on taking care of the bad guys of the week. The guys were in for all of 3 minutes, and Omega had most of that time.

However, it was still a very cool episode in that we got Hera Syndulla's origin, and even some Chopper mixed in. And of course the way it ended, it sets us up for more Hera next week, and hopefully more Bad Batch than we got this go around.

Just binged the season of Bad Batch. I liked it. Not as good as Clone Wars and Rebels, but still good and worth the modest investment of time.

CameronBornAndBred
12-15-2022, 12:04 AM
Just binged the season of Bad Batch. I liked it. Not as good as Clone Wars and Rebels, but still good and worth the modest investment of time.

Season Two is finally upcoming. I'm not going to start a new thread yet since we have a (thankfully very) little time before the premiere, but I think this show might be worthy of one. I hope so, anyway.

And this is also notice to anyone that has totally missed out on some of the best Star Wars on screen, binge Clone Wars and Rebels and come join in the fun.

Critics have been given a sneak peak, lucky bastages.

"Seen the first 14 episodes of The Bad Batch S2 and whilst there’s a couple of weaker episodes, it’s one of the best Star Wars animated seasons yet. Some fun surprise inclusions but more importantly, some excellent and quite dark storytelling. Huge improvement from S1"
Season 2 of The Bad Batch will debut on Disney+ on January 4, 2023
https://thedirect.com/article/star-wars-bad-batch-season-2-reviews-critics