PDA

View Full Version : Duke @ UNC from 2004 on ESPN Classic

quickgtp
11-17-2008, 06:29 PM
This game from Feb. 2004 is on right now (6-8 PM EST.)

Wow, this team we had was great. Watching them play makes me realize how much we lack an inside threat to score. They kept throwing the ball into Shelden, Deng and Randolph and they converted with a pretty good consistency....

Cell-R
11-17-2008, 06:53 PM
I'm watching the 2004 game right now, they were just discussing Johnny Dawkins and how he probably wants to be a head coach. Four years later, JD is the coach of Stanford! :)

Ignatius07
11-17-2008, 08:05 PM
This game from Feb. 2004 is on right now (6-8 PM EST.)

Wow, this team we had was great. Watching them play makes me realize how much we lack an inside threat to score. They kept throwing the ball into Shelden, Deng and Randolph and they converted with a pretty good consistency....

I was also watching and thought of the same thing. A couple other things we sorely lack from that team are shot-blocking and rebounding, which are probably more important. Deng, Williams, and Randolph were all adept at these two things. I don't want to make this thread devolve into another Zoubek vs. Plumlee debate, but this is why I hope Plumlee will earn starter minutes. He has a steep learning curve, but I feel confident he can give us at least competent rebounding and shot-blocking, which are not Zoubek or Thomas' strong-suits.