PDA

View Full Version : WBB Duke vs. Maine, 98-31

wallyman
11-16-2008, 09:22 PM
98-31 today. props to all. a really encouraging start so far.:)

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=1626319

bigj4194
11-16-2008, 09:27 PM
I was at both the Men and Women's game and I'm glad to see the women get some love. The women played great and even late in the second half when we had all our freshmen out there we still looked good.

I'm looking forward to a good year with these girls!

watzone
11-16-2008, 11:43 PM
[QUOTE=bigj4194;218686]I was at both the Men and Women's game and I'm glad to see the women get some love. The women played great and even late in the second half when we had all our freshmen out there we still looked good.

I'm looking forward to a good year with these girls![Quote]

Yep! I caught the double header as well. Good weekend for the women.http://bluedevilnation.net/?p=1318

MHTorringjan
11-17-2008, 10:31 AM
I went to the women's game, but not the men's game (even though I could have gone to both; just didn't really feel up to it). I really enjoyed the women's game, it was really, really good on pretty much all counts. The starters played well, the backups played really well, defense was all around great, and aside from a few hiccups on offense, they played pretty darned well with the ball.

Chante played really well, and it looks like she's been working hard on her shooting touch further away from the basket. I'm liking what this looks like so far. :-)

All three freshmen played really well in the game, but Chelsea has particularly impressed me in the two games that I've seen her in, with her defensive prowess and her passing ability. I like the way she's been playing, and I think she's going to be big for us in the coming years (not that Kathleen and Shay aren't, mind you, Chelsea just gets my freshman of the game for the scrimmage and the Maine game ;-).

Edit: Another interesting note is how well Krystal played yesterday. She filled in ably for Chante, and looks to be really improving her post moves. She's making herself into a force to be reckoned with. :-)