PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Streelman

fitimi1
11-13-2008, 11:50 AM
In an article, Kevin said this about Tiger Woods...

Finally, rookie Kevin Streelman was a virtual one-man publicity machine for Woods at Disney last week.

“I think any event he plays in is good for the U.S. Tour,” Streelman said. “And it’s good for the world of golf. This was a pretty cool year for him (not counting the injury). I’ll vote for him for Player of the Year. I think he played six times in 2008 and won four. And the other two were top 5s….In my opinion it’s pretty evident who’s Player of the Year.”

Kevin, who was struggling in Q School this time last year, finished 35th on the money list. If I had a vote, it would be for Kevin as Player of the Year.

jaytoc
11-13-2008, 12:07 PM
Kevin, who was struggling in Q School this time last year, finished 35th on the money list. If I had a vote, it would be for Kevin as Player of the Year.

That's a nice sentiment, but I guess it's a good thing you don't have a vote. There are at least 34 reasons why.

"Jay - I'm delighted as anyone with Kevin's success - toc"

fitimi1
11-13-2008, 12:14 PM
Not to belabor your point, but, without checking the stat sheet, I would be surprised if any of the 34 were in Q School last year fighting for their card.

jaytoc
11-13-2008, 12:48 PM
The PGA Player of the Year usually has won at least one tournament, more often several, and at least one major, occasionally more, and frequently has been among the money leaders (I haven't checked any of this, but you could look it up.)

Kevin's nice year and healthy earnings, which he accomplished without benefit of a tour victory, is great, and represents a gratifying comeback from the Q-school struggles you cite. Nevertheless, I think we probably both agree that in no way has he had a Player of the Year performance, and I suspect you were engaging in hyperbole. Sorry to an arse and rain on the parade, and yes, I agree that we shouldn't belabor this whole point.