PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming schedule--Michigan 2x maybe

CameronBornAndBred
11-11-2008, 11:36 PM
I was checking out the upcoming brackets, and while it is unlikely, it is possible for us to play Michigan twice in the span of 2 weeks. They are in the bracket opposite us in the 2K classic, and would have to get past UCLA. We would also have to get to the championship game. And then we have them on Dec. 6th for our regular schedule. Just food for thought, but it would be a cool way to renew an old series.

rockymtn devil
11-11-2008, 11:48 PM
I was checking out the upcoming brackets, and while it is unlikely, it is possible for us to play Michigan twice in the span of 2 weeks. They are in the bracket opposite us in the 2K classic, and would have to get past UCLA. We would also have to get to the championship game. And then we have them on Dec. 6th for our regular schedule. Just food for thought, but it would be a cool way to renew an old series.

IIRC, we played Temple twice in 2000-01 and that season turned out just fine :)

JBDuke
11-12-2008, 12:09 AM
IIRC, we played Temple twice in 2000-01 and that season turned out just fine :)

Yes we did. Had a narrow 63-61 escape in the finals of the Preseason NIT that year and followed it up just 8 days later with a 93-68 smackdown in Philly in a regularly scheduled game. Duke was 17-30 from 3 in that game, with JWill going 8-10. It was completely nuts, and I had great seats to watch it go down.

Lotus000
11-12-2008, 12:11 AM
Too bad this isn't the 2001 Duke and Michigan season where we could play them twice. If I were K, I might try to get 300 points between the two games.

CameronBornAndBred
11-20-2008, 11:42 PM
We are playing them twice! Nice job UM! I wouldn't be surprised if SI beats UCLA tomorrow. What a great way to renew an old rivalry!
LETS GO DUKE!!

Acymetric
11-20-2008, 11:43 PM
We are playing them twice! Nice job UM! I wouldn't be surprised if SI beats UCLA tomorrow. What a great way to renew an old rivalry!
LETS GO DUKE!!

You're assuming SI won't be suffering from a self-inflicted Saluki Hangover...will they even make it out of bed tomorrow?:rolleyes:

JDev
11-20-2008, 11:43 PM
Duke will see a bit of an unconventional defense in UM's 1-3-1. They could use some more of G's threes from the corner tomorrow that he buried tonight!