PDA

View Full Version : Better than Redick.

MIKESJ73
11-11-2008, 01:30 PM
Here is a redickulous article about one of Alfords shooting guards at Univ. of New Mexico. He is better than redick according to coaches. He currently has scored 700 career points in his first three years and shot an amazing 46% last year from three while averaging 10.3 PPG. At least he has similar stats.

http://media.www.dailylobo.com/media/storage/paper344/news/2008/11/10/Sports/Guard.Brings.Shooting.Savvy.To.Court-3534322.shtml

Cameron
11-11-2008, 06:03 PM
"I've heard a few comparisons between J.J. (Redick) and me," he said. "Curtis (Dennis) likes to tell me that I'm better than J.J. - that I could take him.

Put the smack down, Curtis.

speedevil
11-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Here is a redickulous article about one of Alfords shooting guards at Univ. of New Mexico. He is better than redick according to coaches. He currently has scored 700 career points in his first three years and shot an amazing 46% last year from three while averaging 10.3 PPG. At least he has similar stats.

http://media.www.dailylobo.com/media/storage/paper344/news/2008/11/10/Sports/Guard.Brings.Shooting.Savvy.To.Court-3534322.shtml

great 3pt shooting % but only 10ppg...thats it?

phaedrus
11-11-2008, 11:52 PM
great 3pt shooting % but only 10ppg...thats it?

JJ could have averaged that without getting off the bench.

dukemomLA
11-12-2008, 01:21 AM
Nahhhhh. Stupid and ridiculous. Prove it on the court where it counts. Actually can't wait to see it, if it's there.

MIKESJ73
11-12-2008, 07:51 AM
If you go by percentages, Laettner was the greatest shooter ever at Duke (48.4%) for his career including 54-97 (55.7%) his senior year. It's a lot different when you shot over 1100 and most are from beyond 23 feet. This is the same arguement with Kerr's percentage's at Arizona. The guy only averaged around 10 points per game and was able to select high percentage shots rather than being relied upon to score most posessions. Anyway I thought it was funny that a guy who plays in the Mountain West and has 700 points in his career could draw such camparisons. Redick did average almost 700 per season.

I can't believe some sports writers. There was an article in the USA Today Pistons vs. Kings preview yesterday that said Demarcus Nelson would be starting for the Kings with Martin injured.

JasonEvans
11-12-2008, 08:21 AM
Yawn-- when you are the standard by which others are measured, that means you are the best.

For example, when hoops fans want to proclaim how creative and loud they are, they say, "we are just as good as the Cameron crazies!"

When a shooter wants to show how great his outside touch is, he says, "I am just as good as JJ Redick."

When folks start saying, "our fans are as good as Michigan State's fans" or a guard says, "I am just as good a shooter as Wayne Ellington" then we can worry about Duke and/or JJ being surpassed...

...but until then we should enjoy these comparisons because they mean that we are the best and the standard to which others aspire.

It kinda reminds me of a Tshirt we used to have around campus back in the late 1980s when I was at Duke. It said, "Harvard, the Duke of the north."

--Jason "wake me when someone -- anyone -- says, 'wow, that kid shoots like Chad Toppert'" Evans

77devil
11-12-2008, 08:30 AM
Yawn-- when you are the standard by which others are measured, that means you are the best.

For example, when hoops fans want to proclaim how creative and loud they are, they say, "we are just as good as the Cameron crazies!"

When a shooter wants to show how great his outside touch is, he says, "I am just as good as JJ Redick."

When folks start saying, "our fans are as good as Michigan State's fans" or a guard says, "I am just as good a shooter as Wayne Ellington" then we can worry about Duke and/or JJ being surpassed...

...but until then we should enjoy these comparisons because they mean that we are the best and the standard to which others aspire.

It kinda reminds me of a Tshirt we used to have around campus back in the late 1980s when I was at Duke. It said, "Harvard, the Duke of the north."

--Jason "wake me when someone -- anyone -- says, 'wow, that kid shoots like Chad Toppert'" Evans

Precisely.

hurleyfor3
11-12-2008, 09:36 AM
JJ could have averaged that without getting off the bench.

Or put another way, JJ scored more in his worst game ever.