PDA

View Full Version : You got czyzzed on

nyr484
11-11-2008, 02:08 AM
= Genius.

Good job crazies.

dukemomLA
11-11-2008, 02:42 AM
Oh, yeah. The season begins. Thanks Crazies, keep it up. I LOVE the inventive minds of the Crazies. Good job. (Mom of two grads of 2001) -- perhaps the best 4 years, 1997-2001 of GREAT Crazie ideas, cheers, and lowlife. Ya think?

billybreen
11-11-2008, 09:15 AM
Ugh, I hope my mom doesn't ask me what that chant means.

miramar
11-11-2008, 09:15 AM
Give them credit, they rolled out that cheer during the exhibition against Virginia Union. These guys waste no time.

III
11-11-2008, 09:21 AM
Give them credit, they rolled out that cheer during the exhibition against Virginia Union. These guys waste no time.

Also, last night's was a special edition:

Hose got czyzzed on.

BlueintheFace
11-11-2008, 10:29 AM
Also, poster that says "We make it rain on dem ...." held above the "Hose" poster of the opposing cheerleaders

GP3NY
11-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Anyone notice the cheerleaders behind the pres bench holding up the HOSE sign... and one of the undergrads help up a sign over that that said "We make it rain on dem..."

That is classic!

billybreen
11-11-2008, 05:33 PM
Anyone notice the cheerleaders behind the pres bench holding up the HOSE sign... and one of the undergrads help up a sign over that that said "We make it rain on dem..."

That is classic!

I think Blueintheface noticed that.

GP3NY
11-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Sorry guys... I totally skipped over that post! Oh well it deserved 2 postings!

dukegirlinsc
11-11-2008, 06:24 PM
Also, poster that says "We make it rain on dem ...." held above the "Hose" poster of the opposing cheerleaders

HAHAHA. Classic!

houstondukie
11-11-2008, 06:33 PM
Also, last night's was a special edition:

Hose got czyzzed on.

Very funny.

Was the chant "You got Czyzed on" or "HOES got Czyzed on"???

I'm suprised Coach K did not intervene, especially with the latter chant.

billybreen
11-11-2008, 06:34 PM
Very funny.

K may not quite be hip to it.

houstondukie
11-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Oh, yeah. The season begins. Thanks Crazies, keep it up. I LOVE the inventive minds of the Crazies. Good job. (Mom of two grads of 2001) -- perhaps the best 4 years, 1997-2001 of GREAT Crazie ideas, cheers, and lowlife. Ya think?

This is disturbing.

Truth
11-11-2008, 08:57 PM
HAHAHA. Classic!

Please tell me someone has a pic of this!

(Also, did Candace make you change ur icon?)

Gunnar Kaufman
11-11-2008, 09:32 PM
K may not quite be hip to it.

Uh, it was K's idea.

billybreen
11-11-2008, 10:29 PM
Uh, it was K's idea.

Gross

III
11-12-2008, 12:16 AM
Very funny.

What I meant to say was:

Normally (other games this year) we've chanted "You got Czyzed on."

For the Presbyterian game we had the special edition: "HOSE got Czyzed on."

should_be_working
11-12-2008, 10:57 AM
Sorry, I'm sure this is redundant, but can someone tell me how to accurately pronounce Czyz? The ESPN announcers doing the game seemed to say it two different ways: shizz and chizz and maybe even crizz. I'm still confused. Thanks.

wisteria
11-12-2008, 11:13 AM
Sorry, I'm sure this is redundant, but can someone tell me how to accurately pronounce Czyz? The ESPN announcers doing the game seemed to say it two different ways: shizz and chizz and maybe even crizz. I'm still confused. Thanks.

shizz

but from OC himself, I thought it sounded more like sh-u-zz.

should_be_working
11-12-2008, 11:27 AM
shizz

Thankyou! that clears it up . . . kind of ;)

AtlBluRew
11-12-2008, 11:57 AM
I'm confused, what's the HOSE reference?

BTW, my favorite sign from last year was "Supaman dat Bo," during the Wisconsin game. I was watching with some other 80's alums and we were clueless about the reference but we were curious enough to look it up on UrbanDictionary.com. Classic! We laughed all night.

Crazie'11
11-12-2008, 12:02 PM
The Hose sign was Presbyterian's mascot (the Blue Hose....lame, right?)

Also, in Cameron they have been careful to pronounce Czyz as Chizz (hence why the cheer works so well), but I could be mishearing the announcer

SMO
11-12-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm confused, what's the HOSE reference?

BTW, my favorite sign from last year was "Supaman dat Bo," during the Wisconsin game. I was watching with some other 80's alums and we were clueless about the reference but we were curious enough to look it up on UrbanDictionary.com. Classic! We laughed all night.

You learn something new every day. Always wondered what that meant and definitely would not have guessed the definition.

AtlBluRew
11-12-2008, 02:23 PM
You learn something new every day. Always wondered what that meant and definitely would not have guessed the definition.

In the days after that game, I was talking to a woman who said that a friend of hers had hired Souljaboy to perform at her daughter's 13th birthday party (ridiculous!). She knew that Souljaboy was famous for, but she didn't know the meaning either. A bit inappropriate for a 13 year old's birthday party, on several levels.

TheRose77
11-12-2008, 03:28 PM
The Hose sign was Presbyterian's mascot (the Blue Hose....lame, right?)

Also, in Cameron they have been careful to pronounce Czyz as Chizz (hence why the cheer works so well), but I could be mishearing the announcer
The Presbyterian College website has an explanation for the derivation of Blue Hose as their mascot. To call it lame may be a little lame.

ArtVandelay
11-12-2008, 03:38 PM
On a related note, for those who weren't still paying attention with like 5 minutes left in the game (and I can't imagine why), the Crazies had a good moment when Steve Johnson entered the game. They reprised their "Little Johnson" chant from the first half (directed at Ga. Southern's small-statured point guard), with a "Big Johnson, Little Johnson" serenade, pointing at Steve and the aforementioned Ga Soutern player.

Shades of that big guy from Florida State back in the day, and the "Colonel Sanders, Casey Sanders" cheer.

I enjoyed it immensely.

shotrocksplitter
11-12-2008, 04:30 PM
haha, that cheer was my fault :D

elvis14
11-12-2008, 07:55 PM
On a related note, for those who weren't still paying attention with like 5 minutes left in the game (and I can't imagine why), the Crazies had a good moment when Steve Johnson entered the game. They reprised their "Little Johnson" chant from the first half (directed at Ga. Southern's small-statured point guard), with a "Big Johnson, Little Johnson" serenade, pointing at Steve and the aforementioned Ga Soutern player.

The "little Johnson", "big Johnson" chants cracked us up last night. Too funny. Also, the new mascot is the heat!

DevilWolf
11-12-2008, 09:45 PM
In the days after that game, I was talking to a woman who said that a friend of hers had hired Souljaboy to perform at her daughter's 13th birthday party (ridiculous!). She knew that Souljaboy was famous for, but she didn't know the meaning either. A bit inappropriate for a 13 year old's birthday party, on several levels.

Better Souljaboy than R Kelly.

But I digress ... the Crazies are always at their best when they bring something new to the table.

DoubleDuke Dad
11-12-2008, 10:03 PM
shizz

That reminds me of the old joke where the old Jewish man comes back from his vacation in Hawaii and is asked how do you pronounce the name of the state. Is it Hawaii or Havaii? He immediately tells the person it is pronounced Havaii. The person says thanks for letting me know. And he responds, you’re velcome.

juise
11-12-2008, 11:51 PM
The Presbyterian College website has an explanation for the derivation of Blue Hose as their mascot. To call it lame may be a little lame.

Yeah, the explanation is here (http://www.gobluehose.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=18100&KEY=&ATCLID=1505337). I'm not sure how I feel about the whole "chyzzed on" thing, but I don't see anything in that explanation that makes PC's mascot name more meaningful or clever.