PDA

View Full Version : Duke Radio Network

geraldsneighbor
11-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Does tonight's coverage really start at 5:55 et? According to XM they join Bob Harris and the gang for the Tip-off show at 5 of 6. Normally the show starts 30 minutes prior to tip, so I didn't know if anything was different for the opening night.

-jk
11-10-2008, 06:20 PM
Does tonight's coverage really start at 5:55 et? According to XM they join Bob Harris and the gang for the Tip-off show at 5 of 6. Normally the show starts 30 minutes prior to tip, so I didn't know if anything was different for the opening night.

I seem to recall that Bob, et al, does an hour pre-game for hoops. I usually record it on my XM and "relisten" on the drive home.

-jk

Bob Green
11-10-2008, 06:37 PM
I'm listening to a pre-game show from Cameron here:

http://www.850thebuzz.com/blog/?page_id=3370

I'm assuming/hoping they will broadcast the game as well.

taiw93
11-10-2008, 06:51 PM
Thanks so much for the link Bob - I was just about to turn into freakout-mode due to my lack of ESPNU and XM Radio

Bob Green
11-10-2008, 07:03 PM
I assumed wrong. The radio link shifted away from the game just as they were about to announce the starting line-ups. Does anyone have a working link? I'm off to search.

Bob Green
11-10-2008, 07:08 PM
Success: http://www.wsfl.com/

msdukie
11-10-2008, 09:06 PM

Basketball pre-game is 1 hour on the state-wide Duke Radio Network....

geraldsneighbor
11-10-2008, 09:13 PM
On the [redacted] link tonight in the ESPNU thread, I was able to watch the entire game on the web. The guy said hes going to show tomorrow's game as well.

beltwayBD
11-10-2008, 09:34 PM
On the [redacted] link tonight in the ESPNU thread, I was able to watch the entire game on the web. The guy said hes going to show tomorrow's game as well.

I wonder if this is of dubious legality?

mgtr
11-10-2008, 09:46 PM
If one gets to watch the game, does one care?

beltwayBD
11-10-2008, 09:50 PM
If one gets to watch the game, does one care?

I'm not sure the mods would want us to link to illegal content -- but I'll let them speak for themselves. And I still don't know if it's legal or not, just asking.

Cameron
11-20-2008, 06:03 PM
I noticed that Go Duke's Inside Access is not carrying the game tonight (I seem to remember Bob Harris mentioning that, because of the Va Tech football game on Saturday, he wouldn't be calling the game). Is the campus station picking it up?

The two streams I usually listen to for Duke's pregame show are WSFL and 850 The Buzz; however, neither is carrying the game's coverage.

Can anyone provide me with another link that might have pregame?

diablesseblu
11-20-2008, 06:14 PM
I am getting the game on WSFL.

Cameron
11-20-2008, 06:20 PM
I must have tuned in too early.

Thanks, diab.

msdukie
11-20-2008, 06:35 PM
GoDuke Inside Access is doing it's usual low-quality job by not building a link to tonight or tomorrow night's radio broadcast. Listening to pregame on the WSFL link above. Got pre-game on XM in my car too, but GoDuke apparently can't bother, even though we pay $$$ for the service....

xenic
12-01-2008, 06:55 PM
GoDuke Inside Access is doing it's usual low-quality job by not building a link to tonight or tomorrow night's radio broadcast. Listening to pregame on the WSFL link above. Got pre-game on XM in my car too, but GoDuke apparently can't bother, even though we pay $$$ for the service....

Yeah, the GoDuke Inside Access "service" is terrible. They advertise as though you might actually get to watch games live, when in reality, they pretty much offer no live games... I guess it is partially my fault for not reading the fine print before signing up, however, I think they are being intentionally deceptive in their advertising.
So, then I went to cancel my subscription so that I don't have to pay for another month of bad service, and it canceled my entire account... 12 days early, with no pro-rated refund...
So I wrote them and asked for my service to either be turned back on for the last 12 days that I have already paid for, or to give me a pro-rated refund.
They turned on my access again, but told me that if I didn't cancel again on the last day, they'd bill me again... Is this even legal? I'm thinking I'm going to call my credit card company and telling them to not accept any charges from this service, as they are not authorized.
In general, I'm ashamed that my school is supporting such a terrible service, not to mention charging for it.

xenic
12-01-2008, 07:00 PM
From the site:
Your monthly membership gives you full access to Duke Inside Access' 100s of hours of live event and on-demand programming. In addition, your monthly membership gives you access to all audio broadcasts. Monthly subscriptions are set to automatically RENEW every 30 days until you visit the Manage Packages link in your profile and cancel your subscription.
While this doesn't say that you have 100s of hours of live video, it very strongly gives that impression, and I'm pretty sure that there aren't 100s of hours of live video, since they don't actually offer any live video.

Devil in the Blue Dress
12-01-2008, 07:16 PM
From the site:
While this doesn't say that you have 100s of hours of live video, it very strongly gives that impression, and I'm pretty sure that there aren't 100s of hours of live video, since they don't actually offer any live video.
You could contact the state attorney general's office to discuss your concern. In North Carolina, try this link for contact information.http://www.ncdoj.com/default_contactus_form.jsp?sectionid=ag&subsectionid=general

Highlander
12-02-2008, 09:35 AM
Does anyone know if any of the Duke Radio Network stations have an HD channel? I sit firmly between two DRN stations, one of which pre-empts Duke games for the Charlotte Bob(Johnson)Cats 70% of the time, and thought an HD radio receiver for the house might be worth it to listen to Duke games outside of buying another Satellite radio receiver.