PDA

View Full Version : Beasley / Rose

ForeverBlowingBubbles
11-07-2008, 09:51 PM
Rose has had some good games, and I think has a higher PER... but I think after watching Beasley handle Duncan with relative ease tonight (so far into the end of the 3rd)... well...

I just don't know how the Bulls didn't take him when they've had such a glaring hole at the 4 for the last 3+ years and Heinrich is being wasted on the bench. It seemed like an easy decision to me.

DavidBenAkiva
11-08-2008, 10:44 AM
I am a Bulls fan, and I wanted them to draft Rose. After watching him play for a few games, I still believe that was the right choice. He is an amazing talent at the point guard position, and could be one of the best in the league in just a couple of years. How many top 3 point guards are available in the draft on a yearly basis?

His athleticism is astounding. I watched him play a few games at Memphis, but he explodes to the basket like no other at his positing. On top of that, he never seems to force a shot, but is still averaging just under 18 points a game after 6. It's a limited sample size, but still. If he improves his jump shot, he can be the best point guard in the NBA. I have no doubt.

I haven't seen Beasley play, but is anyone saying that he will pass up Amare Stoudemire, Carlos Boozer, or any of the other top 4s in the league? Even if he does, I would still have the best, or one of the best, point guards in the league than a top 4.

Strategically, picking Rose might have been an even better move. In the summer of 2010, LeBron will be a free agent. Others in his class, most notably Chris Bosh, will be free agents, too. Imagine if the Bulls get one of those two. LeBron seems unlikely, but Bosh might be a real possibility. If they have Rose and Bosh, that might be as good a 1-4 combo as any the NBA has seen in a long, long time. Also, doesn't Boozer become a free agent soon?

Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana