PDA

View Full Version : Pre-season All Americans - HS Recruiting Ranking

gw67
11-07-2008, 01:37 PM
The consensus preseason All American team appears to be Hansbrough, Curry, Collison, Harangody and Griffin. Of these players, it struck me that only Hansbrough was highly touted coming out of high school. Actually, Griffin was rated between 13 and 23 by the recruiting guru’s. Based on the RSCI composite rankings (see link), Collison barely made the top 100 and Curry and Harangody were nowhere to be found.

http://home.nc.rr.com/rsci/

Looking back at the various high school classes, it strikes me that the top players (NBA bound) are easy to identify but players like Curry, Harangody, Collison, Rivers and Booker of Clemson and many others are apparently down rated by the recruiting services because they are not run-jump types who shine in unstructured AAU games.

gw67

Faison1
11-07-2008, 03:01 PM
That is fun to look at! Check out the class of 1998.....what a bust the UNC class was!! I'm not trying to instigate, but comparing to our class of McRoberts, Paulus, and crew, it's nice to see it happens to everyone. At least we got Paulus out of that one. In UNC's class of '98, they got nothing! Ronald Curry, Jason Capel, and Kris Lang....ouch!!! Amazing what a class can do to a program. Especially one where expectations are sky-high.

Anyway, thanks for the link.

Faison1
11-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Anyone notice how far down the list Leslie McDonald has fallen since earlier in the year? Also, that kid we recruited who signed with Rutgers....projected to be a center/PF....can't remember his name, but I don't see him anywhere. Am I blind, or did he completely fall off the list of 100 best?

Maybe K and crew know what they are doing......

SMO
11-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Anyone notice how far down the list Leslie McDonald has fallen since earlier in the year? Also, that kid we recruited who signed with Rutgers....projected to be a center/PF....can't remember his name, but I don't see him anywhere. Am I blind, or did he completely fall off the list of 100 best?

Maybe K and crew know what they are doing......

I think you mean Echinique. Is he not on the list?

Faison1
11-07-2008, 03:49 PM

He made the pre-summer list, but is not on the current list.......I guess he fell off. Wow.

Kedsy
11-07-2008, 03:52 PM

Echenique is #94 on the 2008 list. He apparently had a year of High School in Venezuela so technically he's a 2008 HS grad.

gags1288
11-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Echenique is #94 on the 2008 list. He apparently had a year of High School in Venezuela so technically he's a 2008 HS grad.
Yep, Echenique is already enrolled at Rutgers. If you look at scout's final '08 rankings, Echenique is slightly behind Miles.

whereinthehellami
11-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Couple of observations:

Olek gained 15 spots from the previous RSCI ranking to get to #66.

Miles fell 26 spots to land at 81. I wonder why?

Only 2 out of 7 scouts rated Greg Echnique. Did the guy not play basketball in public?

How in the world do they average the recruit scores? I can't figure out the weights at all.

gags1288
11-07-2008, 05:15 PM
Couple of observations:

Olek gained 15 spots from the previous RSCI ranking to get to #66.

Miles fell 26 spots to land at 81. I wonder why?

Only 2 out of 7 scouts rated Greg Echnique. Did the guy not play basketball in public?

How in the world do they average the recruit scores? I can't figure out the weights at all.

-Miles wasn't even on the previous list, not sure why it says that he fell.

-As I said, Echenique was re-classified to '08, which messed up his ranking. Scout moved him to #47 in '08, which is about where I think he belongs. He would've been higher with an extra year of development before attending school.

- 100 points if you're ranked 1st, 99 if 2nd, 98 if 3rd, etc..