PDA

View Full Version : Tickets available for next week

jimsumner
11-07-2008, 11:02 AM
Duke University, in conjunction with the Gazelle Group, has released additional tickets for the 2008 2K Sports Classic Benefitting Coaches vs. Cancer games to be played at Cameron Indoor Stadium on Nov. 10-11. Tickets will go on sale immediately and are available online at goduke.com or by phone at 919-681-BLUE (2583) and toll free at 877-375-3853.

Monday’s schedule features a doubleheader opening with Georgia Southern versus Houston at 4:00 p.m. Duke tips off its season opener at 7:00 p.m. against Presbyterian. The Blue Devils return 11 letterwinners, including four starters, from a team that went 28-6 and earned a No. 2 seed in the NCAA Tournament a year ago. Duke with an all-time record of 1,849-810 is attempting to become just the fourth school in NCAA history to post 1,850 wins.

The Blue Devils have won eight straight season openers and are 26-2 in season openers under Hall of Fame head coach Mike Krzyzewski.

Tuesday’s slate also boasts a doubleheader as Monday’s losing teams play in a consolation game at 6:00 p.m. with the Durham Regional Championship game following at 9:00 p.m. The regional champion advances on to the semifinals of the 2K Sports Classic, which will be played at Madison Square Garden on Nov. 20. The championship game of the event is scheduled for the following day. Michigan, Southern Illinois and UCLA are also hosting regional games in the tournament.

Sandman
11-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Thanks so much for this information!!!! I just went to GoDuke and got a ticket for both Monday and Tuesday games. It will really be great to return to Cameronon to see Duke play. The last time I was there was when Tate Armstrong was our star!! However, I have seen Duke play at Clemson, G Tech, and in Greensboro, Charlotte, and Atlanta. It will be wonderful to visit the ghosts of my past when I didn't miss a game at Cameron for four years from 1957-1961. GO DUKE!!!!!!

Inonehand
11-07-2008, 02:32 PM
were these games not a part of the Duke season ticket package?

buddy
11-07-2008, 03:13 PM
were these games not a part of the Duke season ticket package?

Because this is a tournament, Duke had to reserve a certain number of tickets for the other three schools. These likely are tickets that those other schools returned to the tournament committee.

arnie
11-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Because this is a tournament, Duke had to reserve a certain number of tickets for the other three schools. These likely are tickets that those other schools returned to the tournament committee.

That's interesting considering that we don't have many tix that aren't already reserved for students or season ticket holders. I guess these are lower level in the other end zone away from grad students or behind the bench.

dukeblue1206
11-07-2008, 03:38 PM
That's interesting considering that we don't have many tix that aren't already reserved for students or season ticket holders. I guess these are lower level in the other end zone away from grad students or behind the bench.

I bought a tickets this morning for Tuesdays game and its Sec 18 which is the lower end zone away from the grad students. It says row BB seat 31. How far is row BB? Never sat in lower level before and dont know how they letter the rows.

soccerstud2210
11-07-2008, 04:08 PM
cant make it to the games at cameron, but will be at MSG cheering my heart out for the semis and final!

OZZIE4DUKE
11-07-2008, 04:31 PM
I bought a tickets this morning for Tuesdays game and its Sec 18 which is the lower end zone away from the grad students. It says row BB seat 31. How far is row BB? Never sat in lower level before and dont know how they letter the rows.

That would be on the really nice padded seats, next to the Pep Band.

Nice meeting you today, Buddy. See you tomorrow!

Seats are available, both upstairs and downstairs, that Duke had reserved for the visiting teams but were not purchased. Duke has some seats upstairs that they keep for their use and don't sell to season ticket holders - never have. Not a lot, but some. These are what are for sale.