PDA

View Full Version : John Talley- NFL Draft

RelativeWays
03-29-2007, 04:38 PM
So what are the chances John Talley gets drafted by the NFL in a couple of weeks? I'm a Saints fan and they're in desperate need of DB's so I'm hoping they'll take a chance on him in the later rounds. He's got good speed, was a pre-season all american and lead the ACC in interceptions. You don't hear the draft analysts mention him much. Maybe he'll be like Marques Colston, only on defense.

Troublemaker
03-29-2007, 05:15 PM
I'd say it's unlikely he gets drafted and if he does, it'll be in the 6th or 7th round (the final rounds of the NFL draft, for folks unfamiliar with the draft). For one thing, he wasn't even invited to the NFL scouting combine, which is a bad sign. That's okay, though. Dozens of undrafted free agents make NFL rosters every year. If you can ball, you can ball, so the question is can Talley ball at the NFL level? There are questions about his speed (he's a 4.6 guy) and weight (only 180 lbs or so), but he's a ballhawk. Put him in a defense that plays a lot of zone and he might make it. I don't think he's as good a fit with the Saints as one of those Cover-2 teams like the Bears, Colts, Chiefs, Bills, or Lions.

RelativeWays
03-29-2007, 05:41 PM
Its still sad that he was the ACC leader in interceptions this past year and still not invited to any training camps. Maybe he'll get a break. It sucks that Dukes most recent NFL legacy is Dave Brown.

Troublemaker
03-29-2007, 05:46 PM
Well, he'll be invited to training camps even if he's not drafted. It was the scouting combine he wasn't invited to, and yeah, that was a bit of a snub.