PDA

View Full Version : Conditioning

Channing
03-29-2007, 02:24 PM
It seems over the last few years Duke players, and specifically the team leaders, have made a very conscious and concerted effort to really get in great physical condition for the season. JJ's transformation after his Sophomore and Junior seasons was remarkable, all the reports last summer was that Paulus had gotten himself into "JJ-esque" shape, and of course Demarcus' training regmient was well documented as well. While our players have traditionally been very fit, I don't remember summer fitness routines being so much at the forefront.

Watching the McD game it was clear that TK has a smooth stroke, as well as a generally polished offensive game. What are the chance Greg and Demarcus take him and try to rope him into really shaping up for next season? A kid at 18 should have very little problem losing the excess baggage assuming there is a little dedication.

Singler was actually a lot leaner than I expected. I had expected him to be built like TK for some reason.

Anyway . . . I am looking forward to getting the schedule announced so the ticker on the front page can start counting down to next season!!!!

DukeBlood
03-29-2007, 02:31 PM
I agree with you on Singler. I'm not sure how he will be able to bang inside alot. He will have a summer to bulk up, Which alot can be done in a summer.

Did anyone see Nolan Smith? That kid is ALOTTTT Stronger then I thought. People made comparisons to Daniel Ewing, So I made comparisons off of that. NS may steal some minutes away from some players this year..

Taylor King needs to do a DN workout. He wasnt quick by any means, except in his shot release.