PDA

View Full Version : Pining for the old "Devils in the NBA" thread..

grad_devil
11-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Does any else miss the old "Devils in the NBA" thread? I loved to scan the stat lines from the previous night and see all of my Dukies in one spot. Talk about easy!

The new widgets from nba.com are nice, but I guess I'm too lazy to click on each player and view the combined stats :) Just curious if I'm the only one!

--grad_devil

OZZIE4DUKE
11-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Does any else miss the old "Devils in the NBA" thread? I loved to scan the stat lines from the previous night and see all of my Dukies in one spot. Talk about easy!

The new widgets from nba.com are nice, but I guess I'm too lazy to click on each player and view the combined stats :) Just curious if I'm the only one!

Nope, I agree. Not sure how to use the "widgets" - I just want a quick spread sheet scan to see what our guys did last night. Minutes, points, rebounds, assists and fouls. That's all I look for.

Billy Dat
11-06-2008, 05:05 PM
Speaking of which...our scrappy young upstarts like Demarcus, JJ, Shelden and Shav are getting very little burn. Demarcus' situation is so unique...starting but playing little...that I won't touch it....he's living the dream. It is a bummer that Shelden isn't earning more burn, and it's great that Shav simply made the Blazers. JJ is the real bummer - I did not like seeing that DNP the other night.

yancem
11-06-2008, 06:21 PM
Nope, I agree. Not sure how to use the "widgets" - I just want a quick spread sheet scan to see what our guys did last night. Minutes, points, rebounds, assists and fouls. That's all I look for.

I'll second that but I assume that who ever created the Devils in the nba spread sheets did so by hand. The the widgets allow the DBR guys to simply provide links, which I am sure is much quicker and easier to do. That being said, PLEASE bring back the Devils in the nba spread sheets! (Why do the work for myself when I can beg others to do it for me?)

arnie
11-06-2008, 06:50 PM
I'll second that but I assume that who ever created the Devils in the nba spread sheets did so by hand. The the widgets allow the DBR guys to simply provide links, which I am sure is much quicker and easier to do. That being said, PLEASE bring back the Devils in the nba spread sheets! (Why do the work for myself when I can beg others to do it for me?)

I am also inherently lazy/born stupid and loved the old spreadsheets!

CameronBlue
11-06-2008, 08:13 PM
I hate the widgie links...and furthermore if you're willing to go back to the boxscore summaries of all the Dukies and put it on the new premium board you're building I'll subscribe. Markets follow the money...

ForeverBlowingBubbles
11-07-2008, 07:15 AM
i agree, old way was better.

-jk
11-07-2008, 09:30 AM
Lots of folks seem to want it, but who wants to do the legwork? It's a season-long commitment, and it's a lo-o-ong season.

-jk

grad_devil
11-07-2008, 10:17 AM
Anybody know a good site that has these daily stats on it?

If it's easily "scriptable", I may be up for it.

--grad_devil

grad_devil
11-07-2008, 06:27 PM
I threw something together quickly today. I have no idea if it works, but would welcome some beta testers. PM me if you would like a link to the stats sheet; I'll take the first few who respond.

If it doesn't take too much work to fix/maintain, I'll be glad to share it with others.

--grad_devil

KandG
11-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Speaking of which...our scrappy young upstarts like Demarcus, JJ, Shelden and Shav are getting very little burn. Demarcus' situation is so unique...starting but playing little...that I won't touch it....he's living the dream. It is a bummer that Shelden isn't earning more burn, and it's great that Shav simply made the Blazers. JJ is the real bummer - I did not like seeing that DNP the other night.

With regards to Shelden, he's just facing the reality of not being quite big enough or offensively versatile enough to earn more time. I've had a chance to watch a few games with him this year, and he does OK with his limited time, but he's really a tweener (Okafor on the Bobcats has similar issues). He'll always have a role because he's strong defensively, but without more to bring to the table, he's not likely to be a star.