PDA

View Full Version : Coach K and Duke Standards

watzone
11-05-2008, 01:58 PM
Coach K recently talked of Duke Standards which IMO, points to work ethics and comunication. There are more though. That said, what do you consider to be Duke Basketball standards?

He also said his team would be deep and exciting and that he expects to play more depth to keep his teams legs fresh.

http://bluedevilnation.net/?p=1237

Wander
11-05-2008, 02:08 PM
> Man-to-man defense
> Very good 3 point defense
> Very good homecourt advantage
> Never get outworked

Billy Dat
11-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Anything you want to know about Duke's standards can be found in the chapter entitled, "We're Winning on Wednesday" from John Feinstein's book about the 1997 ACC season, "A March to Madness".

There are plenty of other sources, but that chapter says it all. It makes me wish that we had access to all of his locker room speeches.

Edouble
11-06-2008, 02:18 AM
Anything you want to know about Duke's standards can be found in the chapter entitled, "We're Winning on Wednesday" from John Feinstein's book about the 1997 ACC season, "A March to Madness".

There are plenty of other sources, but that chapter says it all. It makes me wish that we had access to all of his locker room speeches.

A great place to look, sir! I attended that game as a student and I can tell you it was an incredible thing to be a part of. I can't read that chapter without getting goosebumps. I'll allow him to remain nameless, but I still remember seeing a certain frequent DBR poster standing alone, sobbing, in the student section after that game.

My first bonfire at Duke shortly followed.