PDA

View Full Version : Big Changes Expected At The White House

DevilHorse
11-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Last spring, I serendipitously happened to be visiting Washington D.C. on the weekend when (the) people are allowed onto the grounds of the White House to view the various flowers and trees. This happens a couple of times of year and is free to the public. (the present residents were not home that I could tell).

While on my tour of the back yard, there were many trees and bushes, originally planted by famous gardeners, I passed the Rose garden. There, past the West Wing, Just 20 yards past the swimming pool, nestled near the nook where all of the children and grandchildren of the presidents have had their handprints immortalized in cement, sits the presidential basketball court.

There was a guard standing there, no doubt to make sure that no one would take the various items being stored there, because there was A LOT being stored there. I recall looking at this half court area being half full of tarp covered lights and other monstrosities and wondering if Chelsea was the last person to take a shot out there. There was sand on the court, and the bushes (the plants that surrounded the court, not the present residents) seemed to reach in-bounds to touch invisible shooters outside the 3 point line.

It is my guess that one of the very first, unmentioned orders of business that will occur, once the weather is hospitable, is to clear out the junk on the court, polish the (nice) glass backboard, and make sure a couple of nice basketballs are available and properly inflated! :D

Larry
DevilHorse

riverside6
11-05-2008, 01:30 PM
I'm wondering if Obama will return the favor and ask the Heels to come play on his home court in their next illegal summer scrimmage.

PDDuke85
11-05-2008, 01:42 PM
I'm thinking Tyler Hansblahblahblah for Secretary of Transportation, Sheldon Williams, Secretary of the Interior, David Thompson, Secretary of State. Any others?:D

devildeac
11-05-2008, 01:53 PM
I'm thinking Tyler Hansblahblahblah for Secretary of Transportation, Sheldon Williams, Secretary of the Interior, David Thompson, Secretary of State. Any others?:D

SheldEn would make a much better Secretary of Defense:D.

PDDuke85
11-05-2008, 02:17 PM
Keep Sheldon in Interior, Billy King for Secretary of Defense

Jarhead
11-05-2008, 02:18 PM
SheldEn would make a much better Secretary of Defense:D.
I think Reggie Love might have something to say about who can use that court.

77devil
11-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Keep Sheldon in Interior, Billy King for Secretary of Defense

Please refer to Jumbo's Spelling Guide.

BD80
11-05-2008, 02:34 PM
I'm thinking Tyler Hansblahblahblah for Secretary of Transportation ...

Hans doesn't deserve a cabinet post. Besides, the Secretary of Transportation should do things legally. Let's just make him a traveling secretary.

I'd like to see Andre Buckner in charge of Homeland Security, he would certainly confront any "undesirables."

77devil
11-05-2008, 02:36 PM
I think Reggie Love might have something to say about who can use that court.

Heard an anecdote recently on Fox News that Bill O had a dust up with Obama's body man chasing Obama for an interview in New Hampshire. I guess that would have been Reggie for the defense.

DevilHorse
11-05-2008, 06:28 PM
I look forward to the extra degree of appreciation that the amateur and pro basketball teams will experience when their champions visit the White House. I can foresee a few contests on the side and perhaps should I predict that the half court will be expanded to a full court? The court is built on a slight downward slope, so they'd have to do some additional landscaping, but I can see it.

If Reggie has some responsibility, I can see some Royal Blue and White motif gracing the surroundings, perhaps with some strategically placed red here and there.

Larry
DevilHorse

gep
11-05-2008, 08:04 PM
How cool would it be if Reggie's there... and the *first* college basketball team invited to the White House in this new administration (after winning the NCAA championship) is DUKE:D

LetItBD08
11-07-2008, 02:29 PM
I think we might have an answer...

Chris Duhon is looking forward to the day when he might get the call from Washington. Get here immediately, the president needs you.

"I know he's talked about putting a basketball goal up there," Duhon said of Barack Obama, "so that would definitely be an honor."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-spkside1106,0,6951728.story

Kfanarmy
11-07-2008, 02:58 PM
This is not about Duke Basketball.

cato
11-07-2008, 05:52 PM

Picture from the front page:

http://www.ou-xu.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/obama10_16803301.jpg

Jfrosh
11-07-2008, 08:02 PM
Picture from the front page:

http://www.ou-xu.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/obama10_16803301.jpg

I assume it is not appropriate to call the President Elect for travelling.

Jim3k
11-08-2008, 03:16 AM

Anything Julio puts on the front page is appropriate to the Elizabeth King board. Long-time rule.

And any discussion of BBQ is appropriate so long as it is listed under a head entitled "Duke v. Kentucky."

Devilsfan
11-08-2008, 06:12 AM
Duhon says Big "O" talks a mean game of TRASH.

Buckeye Devil
11-08-2008, 07:16 AM

Or for anything else for that matter.

Frybay
11-08-2008, 08:40 AM
It's the green house now because of all our hard earned money he will spend (a white house tradition) at least until next April when it will become the Duke Blue house at least for a few years

BD80
11-08-2008, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by Jfrosh

Or for anything else for that matter.

When did we elect Hansboring? :rolleyes: