PDA

View Full Version : The Official Welcome Back billybreen Thread

2535Miles
11-04-2008, 10:49 PM
Dude, I see you in snrub, I see you online. Election is almost over. Post!

sue71, esq
11-04-2008, 10:58 PM
Amen!

CathyCA
11-04-2008, 11:24 PM
Welcome back, BB!

billybreen
11-05-2008, 12:21 AM
Aww, shucks. Thanks guys. Sorry I had to leave for so long, but this was a stressful race I really cared about so I would have been spending all of my day on the PPB.

billybreen
11-05-2008, 12:22 AM
Dude, I see you in snrub, I see you online. Election is almost over. Post!

I posted first on the PPB.

2535Miles
11-05-2008, 12:26 AM
Aww, shucks. Thanks guys. Sorry I had to leave for so long, but this was a stressful race I really cared about so I would have been spending all of my day on the PPB.
I, we all missed you billybreen. For the record, I respect the hell out of you for taking a step away at the right time. It's good to have you back.

Just don't ask what happened while you were away. :)

2535Miles
11-05-2008, 12:26 AM
I posted first on the PPB.
Seems only fitting, but you are forgiven. ;)

billybreen
11-05-2008, 12:30 AM
I, we all missed you billybreen. For the record, I respect the hell out of you for taking a step away at the right time. It's good to have you back.

Just don't ask what happened while you were away. :)

Oh, now I'm curious. I guess I've got a lot of reading to do. ;)

2535Miles
11-05-2008, 12:42 AM
Oh, now I'm curious. I guess I've got a lot of reading to do. ;)
Post padding, banning, the Official Recipe Thread (which I need to bump)... a whole lot of the same.

Devil in the Blue Dress
11-05-2008, 12:47 AM
Post padding, banning, the Official Recipe Thread (which I need to bump)... a whole lot of the same.
Welcome back! Don't forget Coach Cutcliffe and the great changes he's brought since August 30! BB, we need your participation in voting for him for Coach of the Year. You'll find the thread on the Main Board.

2535Miles
11-05-2008, 12:48 AM
Welcome back! Don't forget Coach Cutcliffe and the great changes he's brought since August 30! BB, we need your participation in voting for him for Coach of the Year. You'll find the thread on the Main Board.
There's a Main Board?

billybreen
11-05-2008, 12:51 AM

Who got banned, or is that topic verboten?

I assume post padding is directed at Lava. How else did he get within 1000 of me.

2535Miles
11-05-2008, 01:01 AM

I assume post padding is directed at Lava. How else did he get within 1000 of me.
I don't believe the historical fact that EarlJam was banned twice is verboten.

Post padding is directed at everyone. I think I picked up 1000+ while you were gone.

2535Miles
11-05-2008, 01:01 AM

Post padding is directed at everyone. I think I picked up 1000+ while you were gone.

P.S. Clean out your inbox dude. :)

billybreen
11-05-2008, 01:30 AM
P.S. Clean out your inbox dude. :)

Done. Sorry. ;)

2535Miles
11-05-2008, 01:34 AM
Done. Sorry. ;)
No worries, I imagine it would be quite full after so many months taking a break.

jimbonelson
11-05-2008, 09:19 AM

Earljam was banned???

Lavabe
11-05-2008, 09:40 AM

Not much padding over here... there's been a lot of help in this trek across Mongolia (the 3,000 series sans Billybreen). In all honesty, a lot of people have generated great threads. The Left Coast Hit Squad, Miles and Sue, have helped, as has the emerging post-amatic, devildeac. Lots of drafting with Ymo and devildeac. I'm not the only one within 1,000 of you.

Then there was all the Brunchgating, and meeting up with CathyCa, Tilly, DukePA, KillerLeft, TNT, and allenmurray (whoops... he had his kid's baseball game). And devildeac's Ymm, Beer thread has been a source of enjoyment.

Fish80 and CBaB have been posting a lot. And Wilson has been going through a lot. Maybe it IS time we watch Fight Club.

And EarlJam has been "the leader of the banned," but we don't talk about that. Rule #1 of Fight Club is you do NOT talk about Fight Club.

And RainingThrees has boosted up Liverpool's presence in the soccer thread.

Okay, so the Convoy/Johnny Cash LTE extravaganza was padding ... with a purpose. Right DiK? Right Tilly?

As per Littlejohn's post in the Dog Gone It thread, I have set up a family visit to an Australian Shepherd Dog breeder outside of Louisville. We're down to Samoyeds or Australian Shepherd Dogs.

Life in race horse country has been great.

Great to have you back!!
Cheers,
Lavabe

sue71, esq
11-05-2008, 09:50 AM
The Left Coast Hit Squad, Miles and Sue

1. I'm kind of digging that- Left Coast Hit Squad. :D
2. Someone is leaving the LCHS shortly, so does that make it a party of one? :(

DukieInKansas
11-05-2008, 09:52 AM
I know nothing about post padding. Who would do such a thing?

Welcome back, BillyBreen. You were my goal in the LTE - I needed to pass you before you came back to enjoy a brief moment in the top ten posters in that thread. I'm sure it will be gone soon. (Thanks ArkieDukie for helping out in that mutual goal.)

DukieInKansas
11-05-2008, 09:53 AM
1. I'm kind of digging that- Left Coast Hit Squad. :D
2. Someone is leaving the LCHS shortly, so does that make it a party of one? :(

You'll never be truly alone on the LTE.

sue71, esq
11-05-2008, 09:54 AM
I know nothing about post padding. Who would do such a thing?

FWIW, some of us didn't post pad, PW, or anything of the sort. Just look at my pathetic numbers on the LTE. OTOH, I had some perfectly lovely and legitimate threads and posts elsewhere. ;):rolleyes::p

Lavabe
11-05-2008, 09:57 AM
You'll never be truly alone on the LTE.

Oh wow... another Liverpool fan...:D

You'll never walk alone!

Who's leaving the Left Coast Hit Squad?:eek:
Cheers,
Lavabe

sue71, esq
11-05-2008, 10:16 AM

Not me (http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12277)

2535Miles
11-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Oh wow... another Liverpool fan...:D

You'll never walk alone!

Cheers,
Lavabe
I'm leaving and heading back to NC. I just can't take Sue's abuse anymore and feel it's the best thing for mental health.

billybreen
11-05-2008, 10:53 AM
As per Littlejohn's post in the Dog Gone It thread, I have set up a family visit to an Australian Shepherd Dog breeder outside of Louisville. We're down to Samoyeds or Australian Shepherd Dogs.

Thanks for the awesome summary. If there's anything I can do to talk you into a cocker, let me know.

Lavabe
11-05-2008, 12:57 PM
I'm leaving and heading back to NC. I just can't take Sue's abuse anymore and feel it's the best thing for mental health.

See, you go away for one day from the DBR, and look what happens.:eek:

Vibes to Miles ... and to Sue. What will she do without Miles around there??:eek:

:D

BB: the cocker thing won't work with me; I'm just not into them (that and devildeac retold his life with cockers). To each his own. On the other hand, you and a number of other dog owners on the board kicked some sense into me in terms of getting a dog.

Cheers,
Lavabe

billybreen
11-05-2008, 01:42 PM
BB: the cocker thing won't work with me; I'm just not into them (that and devildeac retold his life with cockers). To each his own. On the other hand, you and a number of other dog owners on the board kicked some sense into me in terms of getting a dog.

Cockers are definitely all different. A lot of personality, for good or ill. My current dog is not just the best dog my family has ever owned -- he's the best dog I've ever seen. Aside from my wife, he's my best friend. We've definitely had some misses with other family cockers, though.

Strange aside about my dog. He loves the snow, so a few years ago (our first or second in MA) we snapped a picture of him playing in our back yard, just covered in snow from head to tail.

http://www.ryanbreen.com:81/booch/snow_dog/blizzard%2012-03%20-%2002.JPG

We loved that picture so much it was actually our Christmas card that year.

Currently it's only on the web as a nondescript file on my old personal web server. There's no link to it with a descriptive name or anything. So imagine my surprise when I found that picture used as another entry in a photo meme similar to lolcats, posted on the infamous 4chan site where lolcats originated.

In this series, pictures of dogs looking sad, sitting in the rain, etc are captioned 'I waited for you.'

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii94/TheWalkingDude/1218792007210.jpg

Sometimes the internet is a very weird place. That someone would find a random picture of my dog and use it lolcat style is just bizarre.

Indoor66
11-05-2008, 02:01 PM
Cockers are definitely all different. A lot of personality, for good or ill. My current dog is not just the best dog my family has ever owned -- he's the best dog I've ever seen. Aside from my wife, he's my best friend. We've definitely had some misses with other family cockers, though.

Strange aside about my dog. He loves the snow, so a few years ago (our first or second in MA) we snapped a picture of him playing in our back yard, just covered in snow from head to tail.

Currently it's only on the web as a nondescript file on my old personal web server. There's no link to it with a descriptive name or anything. So imagine my surprise when I found that picture used as another entry in a photo meme similar to lolcats, posted on the infamous 4chan site where lolcats originated.

In this series, pictures of dogs looking sad, sitting in the rain, etc are captioned 'I waited for you.'

Sometimes the internet is a very weird place. That someone would find a random picture of my dog and use it lolcat style is just bizarre.

Glad to see you back posting. Many of us waited for you.

2535Miles
11-05-2008, 02:11 PM
I think this is one of the things that make the internet a wonderful place. You're famous! Great photo.

devildeac
11-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Earljam was banned???

twice-at least

billybreen
11-05-2008, 02:57 PM
I think this is one of the things that make the internet a wonderful place. You're famous! Great photo.

I'm not famous, my dog is. Also, during my self appointed exile, he won the title of Best Wag at the first annual Melrose, MA dog fair.

devildeac
11-05-2008, 02:57 PM

If my wife EVER sees that, we'll have another cocker pup for sure. If I had any knowledge of photoposting here, we'd submit some really funny ones of our old cocker.

billybreen
11-05-2008, 03:03 PM
If my wife EVER sees that, we'll have another cocker pup for sure. If I had any knowledge of photoposting here, we'd submit some really funny ones of our old cocker.

The don't let her see these:

http://www.ryanbreen.com:81/booch/blizzard_05/blizzard_05-Images/6.jpg
http://www.ryanbreen.com:81/booch/blizzard_05/blizzard_05-Images/11.jpg

He spent so much time in the snow we bought him goggles.

devildeac
11-05-2008, 03:18 PM
The don't let her see these:

http://www.ryanbreen.com:81/booch/blizzard_05/blizzard_05-Images/6.jpg
http://www.ryanbreen.com:81/booch/blizzard_05/blizzard_05-Images/11.jpg

He spent so much time in the snow we bought him goggles.

She doesn't read the threads or post here, so I think I'm safe.:o

devildeac
11-05-2008, 03:20 PM
BTW, welcome back. I see you have shaken off the rustiness and have logged about 25 posts so far today;).

billybreen
11-05-2008, 03:21 PM
BTW, welcome back. I see you have shaken off the rustiness and have logged about 25 posts so far today;).

Just starting to hit my stride.

JasonEvans
11-05-2008, 03:22 PM
That dog is a keeper! Love the glasses.

--Jason "welcome back BB" Evans

billybreen
11-05-2008, 03:23 PM
That dog is a keeper! Love the glasses.

--Jason "welcome back BB" Evans

Thanks, my man. It's good to be back, especially under such happy circumstances.

Devil in the Blue Dress
11-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Thanks, my man. It's good to be back, especially under such happy circumstances.
Welcome again! Have you voted for Coach Cutcliffe today?

weezie
11-06-2008, 05:30 PM
I have set up a family visit to an Australian Shepherd Dog breeder outside of Louisville. We're down to Samoyeds or Australian Shepherd Dogs.

Hope I'm not butting in here but I have a friend who works with Australian Sheep doggies in rescue situations and owns two of them. They are extremely active dogs and require a firm hand and hours of exercise. She says they have to be introduced carefully to children and that they can bite if the slightest bit anxious and the owner isn't vigilant. But, I'm sure you already know all this as I didn't check the other thread to which you referred. They are great, intelligent dogs, though. Good luck and please excuse the free (aka worthless) advice if this happens to offend.

And, ps, welcome back Mr. Breen!