PDA

View Full Version : Texas v. Texas A&M

EagleDevil
02-28-2007, 11:38 PM
Now this is a basketball game.

Still 2 min left in the 2nd OT; it doesn't matter to me who wins. Acie Law and Kevin Durant are the kind of players who make basketball worth watching. :D

To be frank, Durant doesn't look like he belongs in college. I mean, yeah he's a little skinny, but you just don't see guys in college anymore at his size with his skill set. I'm struggling for a comparison for those who missed it. He's not as tall as Garnett; not as much of a ballhandler as Magic; but man, what a complete package. Maybe a taller Pippen?

I'd hate to be a GM who takes Oden over Durant!

Chris

CMS2478
03-01-2007, 08:26 AM
Me too....... he is going to be a great NBA player and if he doesn't win POY I'll slap somebody!!!

BGDR
03-01-2007, 11:33 AM
I am very impressed with his rebounding ability, given his very slight frame. He also seems to be a very dangerous shooter with good form on his shot. My prediction is that he will be somewhat of a crossover in the NBA between Garnett, with his rebounding, and Dirk, given his outside shooting ability.

AluminumDuke
03-01-2007, 11:42 AM
As impressive as Durant is, and as much as he seems to be destined for NBA stardom, it's Acie Law that I really enjoy watching. Even in the games (like last night's) that Texas A&M has come out on the losing end, Acie Law has been the most clutch performer that I can recall since Laettner. If I'm down two or three at the end of a game there is NO ONE in college basketball today that I'd rather have take the last shot than Acie Law IV.

A-Tex Devil
03-01-2007, 11:57 AM
The closest thing I think there is to Durant is a taller Tracy McGrady/shorter Dirk Nowitzki. He actually has a game very similar to Luol Deng and that is probably the best person to compare in terms of physical attributes (height/wingspan/"skinniness"). No slight to Deng, though, but I think Durant is already better.

Clipsfan
03-01-2007, 01:44 PM
I am very impressed with his rebounding ability, given his very slight frame. He also seems to be a very dangerous shooter with good form on his shot. My prediction is that he will be somewhat of a crossover in the NBA between Garnett, with his rebounding, and Dirk, given his outside shooting ability.

I don't know that Durant will be able to rebound as well in the NBA, given his slight frame, although I expect him to rebound well. However, Nowitzki is one of those 10 rebound/game guys, so I think that Durant may end up just being more like Nowitzki from a stats perspective. Where he's a freak is his athletic ability, similar to Garnett.

throatybeard
08-16-2011, 02:24 AM
I'd hate to be a GM who takes Oden over Durant!

Oops.