PDA

View Full Version : The Basketball Ticket

Johnboy
11-04-2008, 12:33 PM
I don't want this to devolve into a Public Policy thread, but I will go as far as to say that when Bob Crumley was just starting to gear up to run against Roy Cooper, I was thinking of supporting him to the extent that I was asked to co-sponsor a fundraiser for him in my neighborhood.

When Roy Cooper declared the Duke lacrosse players innocent, he got my vote.

Is there anyone else who voted for Cooper based on his handling/dismissal of that case?

Mods: feel free to move this to Public Policy even though it's starting On-Topic.

arnie
11-04-2008, 01:31 PM
I don't want this to devolve into a Public Policy thread, but I will go as far as to say that when Bob Crumley was just starting to gear up to run against Roy Cooper, I was thinking of supporting him to the extent that I was asked to co-sponsor a fundraiser for him in my neighborhood.

When Roy Cooper declared the Duke lacrosse players innocent, he got my vote.

Is there anyone else who voted for Cooper based on his handling/dismissal of that case?

Mods: feel free to move this to Public Policy even though it's starting On-Topic.

I absolutely based my positive vote on his actions and statements after the lacrosse case was determined to be garbage. Likley would have voted for the Republican candidate if not for this case.