PDA

View Full Version : Va Tech game disappearing tickets

Kimist
10-30-2008, 06:08 PM
Earlier this season I ordered, along with my Iron Dukes renewal tickets, two bleacher tickets to the Jan 4th Virginia Tech game. They were for a college-age daughter of a friend of mine....surprise birthday/Christmas gift.

Today I received an e-mail from the Iron Dukes, stating "We regret that we do not have tickets available for you....we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused." They are to refund my money.

Fortunately the "surprise" had not yet been announced to the friend (just the parents). I am, however, a bit perplexed at the "now you have them...now you don't" aspect of the entire scenario. I would much have preferred to have left it at "no tickets are available."

I do have my upstairs seats, which I can give to the student, but rest assured she would have been in Devil Heaven to 1) get such a gift and 2) sit "downstairs."

It has been a while since I ordered any extra tickets. Is this a common problem??

k

arnie
10-30-2008, 06:16 PM
Earlier this season I ordered, along with my Iron Dukes renewal tickets, two bleacher tickets to the Jan 4th Virginia Tech game. They were for a college-age daughter of a friend of mine....surprise birthday/Christmas gift.

Today I received an e-mail from the Iron Dukes, stating "We regret that we do not have tickets available for you....we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused." They are to refund my money.

Fortunately the "surprise" had not yet been announced to the friend (just the parents). I am, however, a bit perplexed at the "now you have them...now you don't" aspect of the entire scenario. I would much have preferred to have left it at "no tickets are available."

I do have my upstairs seats, which I can give to the student, but rest assured she would have been in Devil Heaven to 1) get such a gift and 2) sit "downstairs."

It has been a while since I ordered any extra tickets. Is this a common problem??

k

It sounds like you don't give enough - that's what this is all about. If other Iron Dukes higher on the totem pole filled up on the requests, it shuts out the underlings.

summerwind03
10-31-2008, 09:01 AM
Yeah, I think it depends on the demand and how many students they think might come to the game. You might have some luck posting on the Ticket Exchange board and seeing if anyone wants to swap downstairs seats for you upstairs seats.

brianl
10-31-2008, 09:48 AM
This happened to me as well. It also happened the last time I ordered Tech tickets 2 years ago. I hope I'm still in the hopper for the Dusq. game after Tgiving.

I was going to give a ticket to a friend too as a Christmas gift, but waited until I had them in hand before saying anything about it.