PDA

View Full Version : Duke Basketball Poster...

SupaDave
10-30-2008, 09:56 AM
As we try to get ready for the basketball season, I'm wondering just when they will be doing the team poster.

I use it as my screen saver every year and when I buy my big house on the hill I plan on using many of the posters as decoration in my "man" room.

Anyone know anything about this year's team poster? Concept? Theme? Release date? It's getting close!!

Ders24
10-30-2008, 09:58 AM
It was just released (they've done a few on-campus promotions with it). It's "our house" themed, and has all of the players in Cameron. Pretty cool, but my personal favorite over the last few years remains the old school one from last year.

watzone
10-30-2008, 10:04 AM
It was just released (they've done a few on-campus promotions with it). It's "our house" themed, and has all of the players in Cameron. Pretty cool, but my personal favorite over the last few years remains the old school one from last year.

Some of the parents had them this past weekend. You can surely get one when you "attend" the Duke-NCSU football game next Saturday. So, who has the most posters out there? My collection goes back to 1983-84. Nowhere to display them all. Also, which one is the most valuable? My vote is for "Young Guns," which was the second of two straight national titles. I do know that the K family had been very involved with these for a long time.

grannyduke
10-30-2008, 11:12 AM
Poster is available at bookstore. http://epos7-phx.sequoiars.com/ePOS?store=106&item_number=65401&form=shared3%2fgm%2fdetail%2ehtml&design=106#

http://epos7-phx.sequoiars.com/ePOS?store=106&item_number=65401&form=shared3%2fcatalogs%2fcommon%2flarge_image_pop up%2ehtml&design=106

grannyduke
10-30-2008, 11:15 AM
Link doesn't seem to work but go to website for Duke Universitiy store and search for basketball poster.

brianl
10-30-2008, 02:25 PM
Mentioning the Team Poster Titled "Young Guns" from back in the early 90's. I have a general question. I have a friend whose wife was going through her deceased Father's collection of "stuff." She found this poster still rolled up, and autographed by the entire team. It appears legit, the autographs are in sharpie markers.

He asked me if I wanted to buy it for my Duke Room at home, and I honestly couldn't think of a fair price.

Any ideas?

bdh21
10-30-2008, 02:29 PM
Mentioning the Team Poster Titled "Young Guns" from back in the early 90's. I have a general question. I have a friend whose wife was going through her deceased Father's collection of "stuff." She found this poster still rolled up, and autographed by the entire team. It appears legit, the autographs are in sharpie markers.

He asked me if I wanted to buy it for my Duke Room at home, and I honestly couldn't think of a fair price.

Any ideas?

$50?

$75?

You could always try checking ebay to see how much comparable items are worth.

MIKESJ73
10-30-2008, 02:52 PM
My Young Guns poster is hanging behind me right now in my office. It's priceless. I know it is Buckleys senior year and all but this poster is the only thing I remember of him. It's funny how many people come into my office and point at Clay and make some reference to Laettner. That is life outside of North Carolina I suppose.

mr. synellinden
10-31-2008, 10:04 AM
Some of the parents had them this past weekend. You can surely get one when you "attend" the Duke-NCSU football game next Saturday. So, who has the most posters out there? My collection goes back to 1983-84. Nowhere to display them all. Also, which one is the most valuable? My vote is for "Young Guns," which was the second of two straight national titles. I do know that the K family had been very involved with these for a long time.

Just a minor point - Young Guns was the team poster for the 90-91 season - the first national title.

DukeDevilDeb
10-31-2008, 10:38 AM
Just a minor point - Young Guns was the team poster for the 90-91 season - the first national title.

It was for the first National Championship Team and was one of my least favorite of all. I have all on my office walls and LOVE it when a Tar Heel comes for a meeting.

My personal favorite: 2001, the Big Dance. Everyone in tuxes, with Shane and Nate in front. We won the Big Dance that year! I loved it!

Ders24
10-31-2008, 11:04 AM
My personal favorite: 2001, the Big Dance. Everyone in tuxes, with Shane and Nate in front. We won the Big Dance that year! I loved it!

I love that one I've been trying to find a copy of it but for whatever reason it was in high demand ...

zingit
10-31-2008, 03:17 PM
Yes, I tried to find a copy of the 2001 poster too, but haven't been able to. Good luck with that.

I like this year's poster, but why did it have to be so long? I had a blank space on my dorm room wall reserved for this year's men's and women's basketball posters, and now I'm going to have to rearrange my posters to make it fit.

Also, has anyone seen the women's poster? I don't really like it. It has the team in the midst of a bunch of fans. As soon as I saw it, I thought, "Who ARE all these people?!" Sure, I recognize Crazy Towel Guy, some cheerleaders, some band members, but there's still a bunch of random people there. I don't like having to search out the actual players on the team poster. But at least they're smiling, so it's better than last year's women's poster, where they just looked mean and unhappy.

Turk
10-31-2008, 05:29 PM

Any ideas?

Please forgive the unsolicited advice about how to dispose of other people's stuff, but you might consider asking them to put it up for auction on DBR and give the proceeds to a favorite charity in memory of the deceased...

I suspect they might find better results here than on ebay...

SupaDave
10-31-2008, 08:09 PM
Please forgive the unsolicited advice about how to dispose of other people's stuff, but you might consider asking them to put it up for auction on DBR and give the proceeds to a favorite charity in memory of the deceased...

I suspect they might find better results here than on ebay...

Great idea. It is something I would definitely bid on...

dukeballer2294
11-01-2008, 06:28 PM
any1 have a link for the poster as a computer screen saver?

zingit
11-01-2008, 09:50 PM
any1 have a link for the poster as a computer screen saver?

Not sure how well this would work as a screen saver, but here is a link (http://epos7-phx.sequoiars.com/ePOS?this_category=351&store=106&item_number=65401&form=shared3%2fgm%2fdetail%2ehtml&design=106#) to it in the Duke Stores page, and you can either buy it or maybe use the image as a screensaver.

As I've been staring at it on my wall for the past few days, it's starting to grow on me even more. The panoramic view of Cameron makes for a cool picture. And it might be the least gimmicky of all the team posters I've seen: just our boys, in their uniforms, in Cameron, looking sharp. Plenty to like there. And it's a good thing too, because I think how much I like the poster is correlated with how much I enjoy the season. So hopefully this poster forecasts a great season!

Lulu
11-02-2008, 03:07 AM
wow, I just saw the poster but it is already one of my favorites. Kinda cool that they must have been standing in an arc to make it appear they were actually in a line; love how you can see both ends of the floor, the full "house".

Been collecting these for years, two every year. Don't know what to do with them but can't stop now. "old school" was always my favorite as well, though this one may compete for that spot. Personally, some are just a little too cheesy for my taste sometimes.

biscuit30
11-02-2008, 10:52 AM
[QUOTE=zingit;211566]Yes, I tried to find a copy of the 2001 poster too, but haven't been able to. Good luck with that.

I like this year's poster, but why did it have to be so long? I had a blank space on my dorm room wall reserved for this year's men's and women's basketball posters, and now I'm going to have to rearrange my posters to make it fit.

What is the size of the poster? Not sure if I have enough wall space.

gw67
11-03-2008, 07:51 AM
I have a question and a couple of comments on the latest poster. Who are 41 and 51? I presume that there is some distortion but Plumlee (21?) appears much taller than Singler (12) and Thomas (42). Also, Scheyer (30) and Williams (20?) appear to be a good deal taller than Henderson (15).

gw67

onepresent
11-03-2008, 09:07 AM
What is the size of the poster?

48 in. by 20 in.

I have a question and a couple of comments on the latest poster. Who are 41 and 51? I presume that there is some distortion but Plumlee (21?) appears much taller than Singler (12) and Thomas (42)

gw67

41 is Jordan Davidson and 51 is Steve Johnson

The relative heights of the players is visually accurate.

AtlBluRew
11-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Does anyone know how to get a digital copy of Duke Basketball posters for use a desktop background or screen saver? I saw only an option to purchase a paper poster. Thanks!

SupaDave
11-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Does anyone know how to get a digital copy of Duke Basketball posters for use a desktop background or screen saver? I saw only an option to purchase a paper poster. Thanks!

http://www.blueplanetshots.com/gallery/6411109_Nfo43#405967397_GgKXf

Tommac
11-03-2008, 02:54 PM
http://www.blueplanetshots.com/gallery/6411109_Nfo43#405967397_GgKXf

The site won't let you right click and save as a wallpaper. Any other suggestions?

foreverduke
11-12-2008, 08:37 PM
does anyone know if the basketball team still signs posters if you bring them to the schwartz-butters building? thanks!

BluePlanet28
11-12-2008, 09:15 PM
Here is the 2008-09 poster wallpaper...

http://www.dukeblueplanet.com/content.asp?tid=38

SushiChef
11-17-2008, 01:35 PM
Does anyone have an idea of the poster dimensions? I'm buying one as a gift and would like to order a frame. It looks like it has a different aspect ratio then previous posters.