PDA

View Full Version : Parting of hair

DukieBoy4Evr
10-28-2008, 02:49 PM
I know this will sound odd, but I am curious.
When you part your hair a different way, perhaps a new hair style, do you find yourself acting somewhat differently?

How so?

devildeac
10-28-2008, 03:02 PM
When you part your hair a different way, perhaps a new hair style, do you find yourself acting somewhat differently?

How so?

EJ, is that you under the alien avatar?;)

knights68
10-28-2008, 03:05 PM

How so?

Dorkyboy!lol! ::: Shaking head::::

colchar
10-28-2008, 03:06 PM

How so?

As someone who shaves his head, I have no idea.

weezie
10-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Each summer, during our family beach vacations, we declare a "Center Part Day" when all must comply, even the babies (if they have any hair.)

It is a solemn day of hair solidarity and heavy alcohol consumption (not for the babies, of course,) followed by "Stick Your Head in the Ice Chest Day."

We also take several sitters to keep track of the children. Family traditions are sacred in our bunch. :)

wilson
10-28-2008, 05:48 PM
Each summer, during our family beach vacations, we declare a "Center Part Day" when all must comply, even the babies (if they have any hair.)

It is a solemn day of hair solidarity and heavy alcohol consumption (not for the babies, of course,) followed by "Stick Your Head in the Ice Chest Day."

We also take several sitters to keep track of the children. Family traditions are sacred in our bunch. :)

That's really funny. We tend to imbibe a bit too much together as well, but we have no precedent for silly coiffing of any sort.

DukeUsul
10-28-2008, 05:58 PM
My hair is physically incapable of parting the other way.

This is an interesting topic as my wife and I are currently trying to figure out on which side to part the miniscule amount of hair on our 6 month daughter's head.

TillyGalore
10-28-2008, 06:45 PM

This is awesome!!!!

BlueDevilBaby
10-28-2008, 08:33 PM
After years and years of parting from right to left and majorly struggling with a cowlick every morning, my current stylist parted my hair the other way one day by accident. Howly Cow! That saved me at least 5 minutes every morning. It looks weird to me still but it works.

wilson
10-28-2008, 09:22 PM
As for my personal coif, my head has been shaved for about the past five months (I do this for a while about every other year). Otherwise, it's generally rather longish and shaggy, but I don't own a hairbrush, so the notion of parting it is moot.

xenic
10-28-2008, 09:35 PM
As someone who shaves his head, I have no idea.

It's ok to admit that you're just bald. :)

xenic
10-28-2008, 09:36 PM
As for my personal coif, my head has been shaved for about the past five months (I do this for a while about every other year). Otherwise, it's generally rather longish and shaggy, but I don't own a hairbrush, so the notion of parting it is moot.

I'm getting ready to have to buy a brush again... for my beard this time.

wilson
10-28-2008, 09:47 PM
I'm getting ready to have to buy a brush again... for my beard this time.

Funny, I was thinking exactly the same thing about 15 minutes ago.

weezie
10-28-2008, 11:37 PM
This is awesome!!!!

Please feel free to adopt our custom as your own. In fact, I think the country should inaugurate a "National Center Part Day" to be celebrated after the election next week in order to bring all of us together in peace and hair harmony.

We're going to need something to calm everybody down....:cool:

captmojo
10-29-2008, 07:26 AM
As a child, I had a hairdresser for a mother who parted my hair on the left to emulate the appearance of Perry Como and Bob Barker. Later, growing into my rebellious youth, I moved 180 to parting on the right.

Marijuana caused me to part in the middle and there it stays for the last 36 years. It does naturally fall slightly on the right of center.

Jfrosh
10-29-2008, 11:45 AM
I've not changed my hair cut or part in 35 years and I am not about to start now. I had the same barber for 25 of those years until he retired.

Jeffrey
10-29-2008, 11:57 AM
Marijuana caused me to part in the middle and there it stays for the last 36 years. It does naturally fall slightly on the right of center.

Hi,

No need to be in the middle. The Carter Administration (the only ones who cared) mucked it up when their Drug Czar couldn't keep his head out of the coke jar long enough to give decriminilization a reasonable chance. Since then, the left has walked away from this issue lead by such statements as, "but I didn't inhale".

Best regards,
Jeffrey

Rich
10-29-2008, 04:49 PM
In fact, I think the country should inaugurate a "National Center Part Day" to be celebrated after the election next week in order to bring all of us together in peace and hair harmony.

Well, you're not too far off. December 8 is Bad Hair Day according to http://www.holidaysforeveryday.com/caldec06.shtml.

2535Miles
10-30-2008, 07:17 PM
I do not part my hair. I cannot part my hair. I am balding. I keep it shaved. I am proud.

weezie
10-30-2008, 08:09 PM
Be proud sexy 2535!
Have a biscuit and march into the glorious future!

But, the center part is still an iconic part.

2535Miles
10-30-2008, 08:24 PM
Be proud sexy 2535!
Have a biscuit and march into the glorious future!

But, the center part is still an iconic part.
I wouldn't go so far as to call me sexy, but hey, I'll take it. :D I will have to see if I can dig up a photo of me from 7th grade. Center part.

sue71, esq
10-30-2008, 08:39 PM
I wouldn't go so far as to call me sexy, but hey, I'll take it. :D I will have to see if I can dig up a photo of me from 7th grade. Center part.

$5 upon producing the photo.

devildeac
10-30-2008, 11:09 PM
No part. Wash it. Comb it straight back. Dries where it lays.