PDA

View Full Version : "Duke's Big Three"

houstondukie
10-26-2008, 02:27 PM
I've been reading a few posts lately that refer to Scheyer, Henderson, and Singler as the "The Big Three." (which seems to be a theme in the NBA nowadays i.e. Celtics, Spurs, Rockets, etc)

I have to admit that I also think of them in my mind the same way. Those 3 will determine how far this team will go in March.

However, I also admit that this is a disservice to guys like Paulus, Nolan, Zoubek, Plumnee, etc who will no doubt play huge roles on this year's team.

Hopefully at the end of the season it will be "The Big 12," (and I'm not talking about the conference).

Devil in the Blue Dress
10-26-2008, 03:04 PM
I saw the name of this thread and immediately thought of beating Wake (11/1), NC State (11/8) and Carolina (11/29)!

Ignatius07
10-26-2008, 03:14 PM
I've been reading a few posts lately that refer to Scheyer, Henderson, and Singler as the "The Big Three." (which seems to be a theme in the NBA nowadays i.e. Celtics, Spurs, Rockets, etc)

I have to admit that I also think of them in my mind the same way. Those 3 will determine how far this team will go in March.

However, I also admit that this is a disservice to guys like Paulus, Nolan, Zoubek, Plumnee, etc who will no doubt play huge roles on this year's team.

Hopefully at the end of the season it will be "The Big 12," (and I'm not talking about the conference).

By singling three guys out as deserving more recognition, the other guys will inevitably be done a "disservice" in one way or another. After all, there are certainly many important contributors on the team, and I think many would argue that the success that Duke will have this year depends on Nolan Smith and Miles Plumlee as much as anybody.

But I also don't have a problem with conceptualizing Scheyer, Henderson, and Singler as the "Big Three" because that is how K thinks of them as well. There have already been a couple of articles I've read where he specifically states the need to build around those three guys. If their coach refers to them in this way in the media, I think it's OK for fans to, as well.