PDA

View Full Version : New Men's BBall Target - Darius Miller

dcarp23
03-28-2007, 02:18 PM
According to Rivals, Duke has recently begun recruiting this young man for the class of 2008:

http://duke.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=49898

phaedrus
03-28-2007, 03:15 PM
well he's from kentucky, so at least we can cross kentucky off his list.

can we still do that after tubby's gone?

JasonEvans
03-28-2007, 03:18 PM
According to Rivals, Duke has recently begun recruiting this young man for the class of 2008:

http://duke.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=49898

There are folks in Kentucky who say the #1 priority for Kentucky's new coach should not be Patrick Patterson and Jai Lucas (feeling is it is too late to get in on them) but but Darius Miller.

--Jason "he's ranked around the top 30 in the 2008 class" Evans

coblue
03-29-2007, 12:24 AM
Oh look, another wing player.

Just what the squad needs.

Atleast a bit taller for that 5 guard/forward look.

FireOgilvie
03-29-2007, 01:18 AM
I want to know where all of these scholarships are going to come from... early departures? We'll see...

kydevil
03-29-2007, 09:17 AM
Have seen him play about 5 High school games.... He is a very solid player about 6'6. Florida Kentucky and Tennessee are after him as well. Can shoot the three and can bang down low. Very athletic. I have been wondering for a while if Duke would go after him... Definitely Duke caliber.

-jk
03-29-2007, 10:15 AM
I want to know where all of these scholarships are going to come from... early departures? We'll see...

I'm curious, and I've long since lost count: what is our current scholarship commitment? I pulled these names from the current roster at goduke.com, and removed Joe and Josh.

If memory serves, these are the "recruited" players that should return:

Gerald Henderson
David McClure
DeMarcus Nelson
Greg Paulus
Martynas Pocius
Jon Scheyer
Lance Thomas
Brian Zoubek

And these are the "walk-on" players:

Jordan Davidson
Steve Johnson
Nick Sutton
Griffin Tormey

I presume all the "recruited" players are on scholarship; i.e., no odd Trajan-like situations. I'm not sure of any Melchioni-like situations, though.

So does anyone know which of the "walk-ons" are on scholarship, and how likely Coach K is to keep them on scholarship once they are given one? I'm pretty sure he doesn't yank "recruited" players' scholarships (and I seem to recall that he kept one player on scholarship even when he dropped off the team).

-jk

Channing
03-29-2007, 01:30 PM
I'm curious, and I've long since lost count: what is our current scholarship commitment? I pulled these names from the current roster at goduke.com, and removed Joe and Josh.

If memory serves, these are the "recruited" players that should return:

Gerald Henderson
David McClure
DeMarcus Nelson
Greg Paulus
Martynas Pocius
Jon Scheyer
Lance Thomas
Brian Zoubek

And these are the "walk-on" players:

Jordan Davidson
Steve Johnson
Nick Sutton
Griffin Tormey

I presume all the "recruited" players are on scholarship; i.e., no odd Trajan-like situations. I'm not sure of any Melchioni-like situations, though.

So does anyone know which of the "walk-ons" are on scholarship, and how likely Coach K is to keep them on scholarship once they are given one? I'm pretty sure he doesn't yank "recruited" players' scholarships (and I seem to recall that he kept one player on scholarship even when he dropped off the team).

-jk

Best I can tell, next year we have
Henderson
McClure
Nelson
Paulus
Pocius
Thomas
Zoubek
Scheyer
Singler
Love
Smith
(Patterson?)
on scholarship. That comes out to 12. That means after Demarcus graudates, barring early defections, Duke will still have 2 scholarships available to give out to the class of '08. One would have to assume that one of those spots has been offered to Greg Monroe, leaving one more spot available. If Patterson does not join us at Duke, it will leave an extra scholly available.

dukeimac
03-29-2007, 03:17 PM
What, Love isn't coming to Duke. And you missed King.

Paulus (1)
Scheyer, Henderson, Pocius and Smith (4)
Nelson, McClure (2)
Thomas, Singler, King (3)
Zoubek (1)

That makes 11, and Patterson would make 12. Everyone needs to start thinking "Patterson come to Duke, Patterson come to Duke..." Send out the vibs!!!

Channing
03-29-2007, 04:10 PM
excuse me, i got King and Love mixed up in my head

JasonEvans
03-29-2007, 06:40 PM
excuse me, i got King and Love mixed up in my head

One is a long-distance shooter and one is a long-distance outlet thrower. Damn, the ability to get the ball fast and accurately to the guards is really a forgotten art.

--Jason "Love may come with baggage, but I see some mad skilz in that kid" Evans